Author Topic: Success !!!!!!!  (Read 8141 times)

Offline V153

Re: Success !!!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2014, 05:51:37 PM »
Congrats Brandon!
'81 C500_given away, bought back_75.1 mph
'81 Baja 15SS_140 Frankenrude_66.7 mph
'70 something SpeedCraft_(Allison 16R Clone)_69.0 mph
'79 CVZ19_given away
'71 V153_54.8 mph_wrecked

WALK TALL AND CARRY A BIG BILGE PUMP

Offline 84carlson

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2014, 06:14:31 PM »
Oh yeah! At least it made it to 3500 rpm instead of the 1500 rpm and then getting towed when Amber and I were out with you in the fall.

Any day on the lake regardless if you are being towed is still a great day. 

Now I am facing a mechanical issue, tore all four carbs apart installed new bowls gaskets and jets, put it all back together and it barely runs, thinking I may have screwed up a great running boat, I think I'm going to throw the white flag and take it in...

Life is great!!!

Offline 75starflight

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2014, 06:38:20 PM »
Oh yeah! At least it made it to 3500 rpm instead of the 1500 rpm and then getting towed when Amber and I were out with you in the fall.

Any day on the lake regardless if you are being towed is still a great day. 

Now I am facing a mechanical issue, tore all four carbs apart installed new bowls gaskets and jets, put it all back together and it barely runs, thinking I may have screwed up a great running boat, I think I'm going to throw the white flag and take it in...

Life is great!!!

Very true Joe. On your problems sit back get away from it for a few minutes and clear your head and post a few questions on here. Then go look over it again. Worked for me when I was building the 140. I usually figured it out.
1975 v-179 starflite

Offline 75starflight

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2014, 03:02:47 PM »
Good job,  I know that must feel pretty good :)

My "other" boat, a 1991 22 foot HydroSwift, corners flat as heck.  It even has a warning label just below the wheel that reads "WARNING-This boat corners FLAT at speed.  Notify passengers before attempting tight turn maneuvering at speed" (maybe you need one of those labels now!).  It will move you right off of your seat, so I do not do "that"anymore, kind of unsettling.

Yous looks like a blast to drive, have fun with it this season, and good luck with all the mechanicals.

Yep she did try to throw me once, but I was able to catch my self and keep going. Got the ol' adrenalin pumping enough that my hands were still shaking 45 minutes later once Phoenix was on the trailer.
1975 v-179 starflite