Author Topic: Sherman Reservoir 9/28/13  (Read 4650 times)

Offline 75starflight

Sherman Reservoir 9/28/13
« on: September 23, 2013, 06:43:29 PM »
Amber and I are heading to Sherman Saturday afternoon for an afternoon/evening on the lake. Would like to get a group together for and end of season run. The plan at the moment is to leave from central city around noon if anyone wants to join us.
1975 v-179 starflite

Offline 75starflight

Re: Re: Sherman Reservoir 9/28/13
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 05:30:30 PM »
Beautiful day with a little wind. Travis headed up early for some fishing so amber and I got there about 1pm. Got launched and fired up Phoenix Rising to let her warm up while I parked the Yukon. Took off from the dock got out of the marina and the engine dies. Got her fired up again put it in gear starred going again and she loses power and dies. Called Travis and interrupted his fishing for a tow back to the launch. While waiting for Travis I got Phoenix Rising to fire up again so I rev'd her up while in neutral, sat and let her run at 2000rpm and after about a minute she died again. So Got her towed in and trailered lifted the engine cover to find my glass fuel filter only half full, so cranked the engine over withe the coil wire removed to check for spark, I have spark, and noticed that the fuel pump isn't drawing any fuel. So I will be ordering a new fuel pump along with the parts I need to complete the power steering on Monday. BTW thanks again for the tow Travis!

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2
1975 v-179 starflite