Author Topic: Still_fishin  (Read 6024 times)

Offline still_fishin

• Donate members
Still_fishin
« on: July 16, 2011, 08:38:44 AM »
First off, to clear things up right away, no I will not be fishing out of my cvx-18.
I grew up a river rat down in winona so I get a lot of questions about fishing in it. Maybe speed trolling, or not.

I learned of this sight about a year and a half ago through hyperacme, a coworker. Back then I was looking at my cvx, but didn't know if I wanted to drive to grand rapids mi to look at it. I caved, drove the ten hours one way and came home a happy man. Even knowing I had a rotten floor, possibly more to attend to. Turned out, more was the answer. On one of the first trips out I noticed the floor moving as each wave passed under the boat. Not what I wanted to see so soon. Im the type of person to gut the whole boat over something like this. So that is what I did. All wood was removed and replaced. Someone had cobbled the floor and rear sections of the stringers once before, badly. The front sections of the stringers where dust, rears where treated 2x somethings that had the glass SCREWED to them with sheet rock screws. Again, cobbled. As bad as the rest was, the transome wasn't rotten, just wet, the bottom 8 inches.

In a shortened version of the story I rebuilt mine to look stock, or at least how I got it. Here is a link to most of the pictures I can find.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114746751124947771193/DropBox?authkey=Gv1sRgCLe64pyz0rS_vgE

'80 Intimidator
'85 CV23

Offline carlsoncvx18

• Donate members
Re: Still_fishin
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 03:30:09 PM »
Welcome still fishin

Just spent the day with Gregg on the mississippi

Jeff
1987 CVX18.     1968 Glastron alpha sail boat
1977 GT150
1986 CV23
1984 Intimiadator
1981 CV27
1969 V-180 fundeck

Offline still_fishin

• Donate members
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 04:39:11 PM »
Yeh, I didn't see the river posting till 830 friday night. If I didn't already agree to work ot I would have been there. $$$$$. B.O.A.T......bust out another thousand is holding true for me this year. We'll call it the debugging year. Im sure it was fun.
'80 Intimidator
'85 CV23

Online Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 05:15:58 PM »
HAY Tim ... Your back !
Your not gonna miss Red Wing this year ... Are ya ?
Got to hear Jeff's Tru Hull today ... Wasn't near as loud as I though it would be ... In fact it was almost quiet !
Boat's lookin' GOOD buddy !

Offline still_fishin

• Donate members
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 01:02:43 AM »
Christ I better not, I live there. And thanks gregg. I guess there  are positives to beng another divorced railroad worker. Quess who I answer too.       Mememememe and me.  I look forward to running with something other than your every day bayliner.  I wont miss it this year.
'80 Intimidator
'85 CV23

Offline CVX Fever

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 09:21:41 AM »
SF - Sweet CVX18 and nice job on the resto! ;) I remember that boat. Hope to see it at the big meet in August.
1979 CVX18 "Back in Black"....someday!
1985 CVX18 " Only thing better than 2 CVX18's is 2 girlfriends!

Offline Shrom CVX-18

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2011, 07:17:15 PM »
Yeh, I didn't see the river posting till 830 friday night. If I didn't already agree to work ot I would have been there. $$$$$. B.O.A.T......bust out another thousand is holding true for me this year. We'll call it the debugging year. Im sure it was fun.

Welcome..I hear yeah on the B.O.A.T. I have been having my far share of problems this year. I'm looking at it same as you are. Get the bugs out of it this year and new parts. hopefully have years of less problems in the future.
79 CVX-18 "Lowrider"