General Category > General Discussion

Glaston Cave

<< < (2/7) > >>

74 Carlson:
Very nice!

V153:
Ya looks great Jason. I'd kill for a friggin' garage ...

Carry on!

Glastron_GT160:
Jason,

Any chance I could ask for a ballpark as to how much a nice place like thats costs to build?  How much was contracted versus blood,sweat, and tears hands-on by you?  I need a man cave just like that, have the land space, but am lacking a plan and a budget.   Just looking for ballpark ideas... $15k? $20k?, $40k?  Let assume its empty inside, bare unfinished with gas & electrical.

My current garage it far too short, and I had to cut the trailer for a hinge to allow the 19.5ft boat to fit with only inches to spare from the bow (sterndrive removed).

Your building looks awesome!

/Chris

Jason:
Well, to have the entire thing built by contractors would have costed $30,000. The only thing I hired out was the slab and block work. That was $5000. It costed me about another $8000 for materials and I finished it off myself. I just went to Menards on there computer designer and designed it. It figures out everything for you. Drops all the materials off at your house and it's up to you figure out how to put it all together. So, by doing the work yourself you can pretty much cut the cost in half. I have never taken on a project this big and was for the most part new to me. Books, youtube, and neighbors can teach you a lot.

Hyperacme:
SWEET Jason !
You can never have enough Glastron/Carlson storage !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version