General Category > General Discussion

Trap / Skeet Shooting

(1/2) > >>

ChfBrianB:
Does anyone have experience with recreational shotgun shooting?  I have a new shotgun and really want to shoot, but don't really know where.  I even have a used pigeon thrower.  I would rather not have to drive to siren to shoot on my parent's land...  Anyone have experience in this area of shooting?

V153:
I'm fortunate to have a county run joint about 20 minutes from the house. Known as Knights Trail. Supervised, timed shooting. Nice place.

Pistol range has targets at 7, 25, & 50 yds. Rifle range has 50, 100, & 200 yd targets. There's also a skeet range. Rumor has it they're beginning to dabble in 'sporting clays' as well.

Now that might be something to investigate Brian. Sporting clays is where they throw the pigeon from different angles, roll it, bounce it across the ground, etc. Never formally shot that fashion myself but it sounds purty cool.

Guess I'm gonna have to get me a longer barrel ...

Hey what kind of rig did you buy?

ChfBrianB:
I wanted moderatly inexpensive and reliable...

Bought a Benelli Nova Pump.  3 chokes and a 26" barrel.  Looks awesome, and feels really good too.

Gotesh:
I've been to the Metro Gun Club in Blaine.  www.metrogunclub.com
It's a really nice facility.  I went there as a guest of a member a couple years ago.
You might have to get out of the metro a little ways if you want to find a bare-bones kind of place to use your own thrower. 
Here's a list from the DNR.  http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/shooting_ranges/list_ranges.html?orderby=city

I have to find a place, too.  My Dad just gave me my Grampa's shotgun, and I'm itching to try it out.  Hard to find ammo for it, though.

Tonka Jim:
A coworker belongs to the Minnetonka Gun Club.
It's about 5 miles west of Mound, MN.
Kinda out of the way for you  :-/

Let me know if you want any more info, I'm sure he would let you come as a guest.

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version