Author Topic: V179 winter soon  (Read 1547 times)

Offline melinprov

V179 winter soon
« on: October 06, 2019, 07:41:14 PM »
so..... I've been slow to work on her now, its been almost 2 years from when I bought it for $100.00. I did re-arrange my garage and put the motor and stern drive in a area where I can work on it if I want this winter. I'm still on the dash and wiring and the fuel tank is waiting to go back in. We have had more than a few nights below zero and that seems to make more work around the house that has to be done before the snow flies. Today I did start stripping the engine and drained the oil---the last owner told me that the engine runs but it has water in it---this is how it looked. What I did find was that almost all the electric is in good shape and someone took a crack at rebuilding some of the engine and many parts were new. The new fuel pump did have a bad seal and now I know where all the gas that was in the foam in the bottom of the boat came from. Every bolt I turned came off easy and didn't stick or bind so I have some hope this maybe will be easier than I thought it would be.

Offline melinprov

Re: V179 winter soon
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 07:56:35 PM »
and here is a  ( so far )  before and after----the day I brought it home and now
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 08:00:51 PM by melinprov »