General Category > General Discussion

1980 CVZ 18 restoration

<< < (13/23) > >>

Chippy:
New machine/ technology they can now   Will post when. Done see how turns out. Seats still with shop for new vinyl putting carpet in a PIA!! Vinyl is satin white with carbon weave accents.

Plugcheck:
Are you putting in access ports to the fuel tank?  Never had(yet) any leaks or gauge issues up front, but I did have to repair the fuel connections in the rear. 

Chippy:
Yes pics pre cutting the carpet for the access ports. They are cut in the floor. Going to run the wires from  the new fuel sender up and out the cover for hoses coming out of tank around the bow into the gauges. From factory they had drilled a small hole going through a stringer on the starboard side under the floor then up to the gauges. I hope the wire run not to long going around the bow.

Plugcheck:
     I drilled a 3/16" hole in the floor close to the fiberglass support, just ahead of the kick panel.   This puts the wire just inside the stringer, and its convenient to wire to the gauge.   Longer length of wire should not adversely affect the gauge reading, but don't expect any real accuracy due to the float and fuel level line in the tank.   I've found that when my gauge becomes motionless on "E" I have about 8 gallons left.  I could pull the sender and add a longer rod to the shaft, but not sure its worth the effort.    I'd really like to add one of the fuel counters/meters, Faria had one, but I cant seem to locate one, and my dash is somewhat full now.    New project is likely to be FI, so I can pull that data from the engine CPU.   
    Your project is looking gorgeous, hope you get it out on the water soon.

Chippy:
Thanks for the info.. I hope to get the interior back soon and will get it on the water by end of June for sure! Wife freaking out a bit as I told her it was a 3yr project lol.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version