Author Topic: Glastron Spirit V165  (Read 3162 times)

Offline Peter.ppl.dream

Glastron Spirit V165
« on: January 15, 2021, 04:28:14 AM »
Hello guys,

My name is Peter and I live in London/Uk.
I am new owner of a Glastron V165 Spirit ( Red/White colours)
Last owner (Italian) modify boat from inboard engine to outboard.
I try to register my boat with coast guard and I need some informations....in Uk not so many V165.
Where about is located HIN (serial number)? I have searched on all websites possible and impossible and no results. On transom nothing, under dash (gauges) nothing. Where can be ?
I need this serial, year of manufacturing , how many persons load, how many kg cargo + engine.
At the moment I got an Mercury 30hp Efi 4stroke = 90KG.
Thank you so much for your help.
I wish you and your families all the best.

Kind regards,
Peter

Offline thedeuceman

• Administrator
Re: Glastron Spirit V165
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 05:54:47 AM »
Welcome to the forum, looking forward to seeing the progress on your updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Joe
75 GT150 "SeaDeuced"... Its Back !!
92 16CSS "Attitude Adjustment" is for sale
75 CV-16V8, Project
74 CV-16... its Purple !

Offline Peter.ppl.dream

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 06:39:09 AM »
Hi thedeuceman,

Thank you so much mate.
In March I got holiday and I'll start restoration precess at the moment I try to figure out all infos about boat so I can stamp them on an Aluminium tag on the back of the boat.
I'll keep you updated.
Thank you.
Have a lovely day.

Best regards,
Peter

« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 09:06:25 AM by Peter.ppl.dream »

Offline Plugcheck

• Donate members
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 07:58:59 AM »
First off, congratulations on your new Glastron and welcome to CGOAMN!    Gregg D is the resident expert on Glastron brochures and information, hopefully he can shed some light on your boat particulars.    The HIN is located on starboard transom area, however, your boat has been converted from IO to outboard which requires fairly extensive rework of the transom.  It is possible during this surgery that the HIN was damaged or destroyed.   Possibly painting has filled in the numbers?  It is also possible the HIN can be found under the dash.  Load and similar values should be found on the marine label plate near the throttle, although the numbers would be slightly off due to the conversion.  A Merc 140 IO is much heavier than a 30hp outboard for instance    hope this helps
Michael
1979 CVZ-18 388 CI Vortec Mouse
1980 CVX-16SS 140 Mercruiser
1979 CVX-16 Johnson 175
2002 Bennington 2275CC 90 Mercury
1985 Intimidator project
1989 Lowe 200 Redneck fishin Toon
2001 Godfrey Sweetwater pontoon 115 Rude

Offline Peter.ppl.dream

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2021, 08:42:14 AM »
Hello Plugcheck,

Thank you for all informations. Boat was converted by last owner due inexistent parts in Italy and hi spend a lot of money to make this boat how it's now. On transom (starboard) side no HIN number also under dash nothing about. Remote controller was removed from boat when engine died and hi start this conversion also side pannels are new. This pannels are made custom order in Italy on a company produce boats. Hi said sides was in very bad shape. Do you think if I remove side pannels I found there a tag with load values ? My father was trying yesterday to find HIN number inside of the boat where old engine was and nothing about. Hi said everything inside is covered in a black paint but hi don't check in the back of the seats. I will ask him to remove back seats rest and see if is there :'( I know code from engine support or how is called...that piece is coming from inside of the boat from engine to the propeller code :C649°1
Thank you so much for your help mate

Offline Peter.ppl.dream

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2021, 09:16:08 AM »
First off, congratulations on your new Glastron and welcome to CGOAMN!    Gregg D is the resident expert on Glastron brochures and information, hopefully he can shed some light on your boat particulars.    The HIN is located on starboard transom area, however, your boat has been converted from IO to outboard which requires fairly extensive rework of the transom.  It is possible during this surgery that the HIN was damaged or destroyed.   Possibly painting has filled in the numbers?  It is also possible the HIN can be found under the dash.  Load and similar values should be found on the marine label plate near the throttle, although the numbers would be slightly off due to the conversion.  A Merc 140 IO is much heavier than a 30hp outboard for instance    hope this helps

I can't find user :Gregg D with search function , I was trying to drop him a private message but not exist.

Offline carlsoncvx18

• Donate members
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2021, 09:53:30 AM »
Welcome to the forum.

Gregg goes by hyperacme
1987 CVX18.     1968 Glastron alpha sail boat
1977 GT150
1986 CV23
1984 Intimiadator
1981 CV27
1969 V-180 fundeck

Offline Peter.ppl.dream

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2021, 10:01:48 AM »
Hello carlsoncvx18,

Thank you :) I'll try to drop him a pm.

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2021, 01:19:12 PM »
Hi Peter .. and welcome to the forum !

I don't have much info on Glastron / Roger Clark boats and very little on Glastron / La Ra Ya boats.

Tibus was a importer of Glastron's and might have some info .. I think there out of old parts though ..
http://www.tibus-boote.de/index.html

There is a history of Glastron here ..
http://www.classicglastron.com/gl-reflt-index.htm

Early Glastron Owners Manual's are here .. (1976 / 1979 / 1985 / 1986)
https://www.glastron.com/us/owners-manuals

Glastron has a site with there brochures and P.I.G.'s here ..
https://www.glastron.com/us/catalogs-and-product-information

On the Glastron brochures search for early 80's SSV163 (outboard) & SSV168 (I/O) ..

There seems to be more La Ra Ya  boats then Roger Clark boats, so yours could be a La Ra Ya boat.
Only USA built boats had the HIN on right side of stern. I have not heard of any LaRaYa or RC boats with number on stern.
I'm not sure where LaRaYa or RC mounted there data / serial number plates, but would guess it should be in plain site, if still attached to your boat.
Below are pictures of Glastron Roger Clark serial number plates ..
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 01:23:01 PM by Hyperacme »

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2021, 01:29:46 PM »
Some LaRaYa plates ...
First picture might be what style your plate would have looked like if it was built in 1980's by LaRaYa ..

I don't know what the picture of the last plate is ?
Can anyone read it ?

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2021, 01:35:54 PM »
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 01:37:51 PM by Hyperacme »

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2021, 01:44:42 PM »
On USA built boats they glassed in a tag with number under splash well.
Some are hard to see.
Some Glastron / Carlson's had tag glassed in around dash area.

Offline Peter.ppl.dream

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2021, 03:55:54 PM »
Hi Gregg,

Thank you so much for all infos.
I was in contact with Olli (Roger Clark Son) and hi said it will help me if I got the serial number. Hi said inside on transom it's  an aluminium plate but on my boat I can't find this tag/plate. Maybe last owner when hi removed inboard engine and modify transom on the boat hi removed this tag us well. What a idiot!
My father checked already under the dash, on transom...nothing there.
Olli don't know that 3 letters from HiN number they're use ...was only 10 years old when his father got this family business.
If anybody on this forum got same model V165 Spirit with inboard engine and hi got Hin number...please check online load capacity. I know in USA boats are registered to Coast guard us well and receive a sticker with load capacity and max Hp engine, serial number and model. If it's possible to take a picture (serial covered) will be brilliant.
I promise I'll pay for this informations. 

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2021, 06:08:49 PM »
I'm not sure about exact size of early 80's data plate, but maybe someone with a 1980's Glastron could measure size of plate.

You can get CG data plate here ...
https://garzonstudio.com/boat/capacity-decal.html

Info for SSV163 (Outboard)
Max Load / 1290 lbs. - 585 kg.
Max HP / 120 HP
The LaRaYa SSV163 is rated at .. Max HP / 125 HP.

Info for SSV164 (I/O)
Max Load / 900 lbs. - 408 kg.
Max HP / 140 HP
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 06:13:05 PM by Hyperacme »

Offline Peter.ppl.dream

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2021, 07:11:31 AM »
Hi Gregg,

I found an expired ad in Uk... same boat model and I take this informations out from that ad.
I have attached here pictures also I contacted Italian guy and hi give me this serial from engine where is coming out from transom.
Code : C649°1? hi can't se exactly if is (Degree symbol, zero or eight) but hi got that part in his garage.
Could be this HIN number for my boat?
Thank you for your help mate ;)

« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 08:14:47 AM by Peter.ppl.dream »

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2021, 11:52:38 AM »
In USA each state has it's own reg. / title system .. but you can find info from reg. number on side of hull.
Was there a reg. number on your boat that you could ask  Italy for info ?

That would be your transom assembly / outdrive ..
Mercruiser info here ..
http://forum.cgoamn.com/index.php?topic=7101.0

Offline Peter.ppl.dream

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2021, 03:20:03 AM »
Hi Gregg,

I ask him and hi said is no registration number on transom but could be one inside. Maybe was removed by his friend where boat was converted...In Italy they got dif registration process us well. I have to wait until good weather comes back an remove everything from boat....maybe I'll find that hin number.
I spoke with garzonstudio for capacity decal. They will check today with designer if they made before for my model if not designer will try to make one custom. Now I need to work out how many Kg got inboard engine so I can add that Kg to load capacity.
Do you have any idea Mercruiser 3.0L how many Kg ? I think is around 350Kg just the engine was removed from boat. And boat got now 400Kg. I try to work out how much cargo/ passengers + motor. I know my outboard got 90KG and 6persons maximum.
Thank you so much Gregg for your help ;)

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2021, 01:26:33 PM »
I was referring to "registration numbers" on the side of your boat (first picture) to see if you can get owner / boat info from Italy's reg. dept.
In USA this number or title would have the info you need.
Can you ask your local registration dept. what you can do, if there is no serial or reg. numbers ?
Did any paper work come with your boat ?

If all fails .. you could buy a junk boat for cheap and use it's numbers after you scrap it out.

The Mercruiser 120 is listed at 650 lbs. (295 KG.) for motor & drive.

Offline Peter.ppl.dream

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2021, 01:35:29 AM »
Good morning Gregg,

Of course it comes with documents and with sale contract plus copies from my ID doc and his ID doc but is not write any Hin number even when hi buy this boat.
I was needed hin number just for Load capacity plate/sticker.
When weather will be much better my father will check for hin number. I think is in that location where you said.
Thank you Gregg.
All the best!

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2021, 02:42:18 PM »
Hope ya get everything sorted out Pete ..