Author Topic: One, two, three Carlson's on the river today.  (Read 2536 times)

Offline wiliermdb

One, two, three Carlson's on the river today.
« on: March 18, 2012, 11:10:30 PM »
A rare site today down here in Louisiana. Took the boys our for a run before the cub scout meeting at 4 PM. We hit the Mexican restaurant on the river and let them do a little driving as well. We had fun.

There were three Carlson's on the river today. That's a first for me. I was the only one for about a year and today I saw the fella that has the champagne colored cvx with the mercruiser I posted here last year and when I arrived at the launch today I pulled up behind the line of boats waiting to launch and there was a '77 cvx 20 with a 460. Looks like they took a gray flake on dove gray hull and had the gray painted a red wine color. Boat was pretty clean and everything was there. Sounded damn good, too.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 07:48:07 PM by Hyperacme »

Offline Auke_scimitar

• 1979 Glastron Carlson CVX-20 DeLuxe
    • Classic Glastron Owners on Facebook
Re: One, two, three Carlson's on the river today.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 04:04:16 AM »
Bust be a trend to paint a CVX-20 like that:
http://littlerock.craigslist.org/boa/2909043296.html
1979 Glastron Carlson CVX-20 DeLuxe
https://www.facebook.com/groups/classicglastron/

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 07:50:44 PM »
Boating & Mexican food ...
YA ... Don't get any better then that !
Your boys will have some fond memorys of your days on the boat !

Offline V153

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 08:18:52 PM »
Sounds like an awesome day. Ya your boys'll 'member that forever. (I know me'n my lil bro do?) Meeting up with a couple G/C brethren makes it even cooler. Carry on.
'81 C500_given away, bought back_75.1 mph
'81 Baja 15SS_140 Frankenrude_66.7 mph
'70 something SpeedCraft_(Allison 16R Clone)_69.0 mph
'79 CVZ19_given away
'71 V153_54.8 mph_wrecked

WALK TALL AND CARRY A BIG BILGE PUMP

Offline wiliermdb

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 09:17:27 PM »
Yep. The boys are getting more interested in the boat. They are 6 1/2 and almost 10.  These lil' squirts aren't my blood boys but I'm more of a father to them than their birth father. Plus their dad doesn't have a Glastron. Ha!!  These are my gf's boys and we'll be getting hitched in the next 6 months. Been getting the house ready for them to move in.

I had a leak in the power trim system at the manual over ride screw. I guess O-rings don't last more than 34 years. One dollar later at the local hardware store and I have two new O-rings and no leak. They helped me refill it and I taught them how a hydraulic system works. The lil' one likes to press the trim button and the older one kept the fluid flowing in to the pump. Sometimes it's tough to keep their attention but I think they get a little knowledge. I try to get them involved in all things mechanical and hands on experience. The older boy helped me measure, cut and build a wood shelf unit for my workshop. This is to store some of his mother's crap she just can't part with. ;D