Author Topic: Lets see your under-cover structures!  (Read 426 times)

Offline demian5

• Work hard and use your vacation days...
Lets see your under-cover structures!
« on: March 20, 2024, 11:37:37 AM »
Hey my PCV structure to hold my boat cover up to keep water from poling and possibly leaking is in need of replacement. Wanted to see if there are better, cost-effective ideas out there!

I have a 79 CVX16SS and it sits nose down in my driveway with the drive up. I keep a water-resistant cover on it (we know that unless you spend $$$$ they are just water-resistant) that is tight along the hull and has straps that hold it on, and I also have a silver tarp over the cover with bungee cords. I buy desiccant bags from amazon and change them out about 4 times a year.

Thank for sharing your setup and thoughts.
1979 Glastron Carlson CVX 16 SS I/O Mercruiser 140 "Brick House"

Offline awc105

Re: Lets see your under-cover structures!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2024, 06:51:35 PM »
Andrew
74' CV-16SS - Carla

Offline demian5

• Work hard and use your vacation days...
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2024, 02:42:52 PM »
1979 Glastron Carlson CVX 16 SS I/O Mercruiser 140 "Brick House"

Offline thedeuceman

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2024, 05:41:39 PM »
I was looking for pictures to make a response. I apparently have never taken a picture of the boat with the cover on it or what holds it up.
First I will say that I pretty much always use the second level up covers from classic accessories the blue ones because they have them at Fleet Farm right down the street from me and the reasonably priced even though they don?t fit great.
All of our small boats are outboards right now so that changes things a bit, on our GT150 I use a fiberglass bowl like this
And I slid the cover in the back to go around the motor so any drainage off of the cover goes into the splash well.
On our 16 CSS, which is pretty much the same as the outboard version of your boat, I use the same cover with one of these vents that penetrates the cover and excepts a metal pole. That was probably the easiest to deal with.

On Gregg?s CV 16 I?m using the cheesy plastic version of what Andrew posted, I don?t really like that because you have to tie it off before you put the cover on, I have four ropes on it and I tie it to the four cleats.

I have found that those blue covers shed water for about two years, Starbright makes a waterproofing product. That?ll bring them back to life, but it?s kind of a pain to put it on.
Hope this was helpfull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Joe
75 GT150 "SeaDeuced"... Its Back !!
92 16CSS "Attitude Adjustment" is for sale
75 CV-16V8, Project
74 CV-16... its Purple !

Offline carlsoncvx18

• Donate members
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2024, 11:14:54 PM »
Been using 2 fiberglass bows under the cover for 16yrs still working
1987 CVX18.     1968 Glastron alpha sail boat
1977 GT150
1986 CV23
1984 Intimiadator
1981 CV27
1969 V-180 fundeck