Author Topic: Like a kid in a candy shop  (Read 1706 times)

Offline wiliermdb

Like a kid in a candy shop
« on: September 19, 2013, 07:28:34 PM »
Wife: "Dinner is ready."

Me:  "Ok. Let me check my parts order for the Johnson."

Wife:  :-/

For those that don't have a well stocked dealer or no dealer nearby, L&M Marine in Alabama is great to deal with and they have the lowest prices on nearly every part.

Offline Rich_V174SS

• 1967 V174 Crestflite SuperSport Modified
Re: Like a kid in a candy shop
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 06:12:51 PM »
Unless of course you work for a parts dealer and can get them at dealer cost.  ;)

I see you have there a complete water pump kit. What are the other goodies scattered around it?
1967 V174 Crestflite SuperSport Modified
1987 Mercruiser 190 3.7LX/Alpha One

1970 V176 Swinger
1983 Mercury 115

Offline wiliermdb

Re: Like a kid in a candy shop
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 08:15:34 PM »
All the bushings and washers for the steering/tilt tube.Two nuts for tube the steering cable goes through. The 140 I bought last week had a wobble in the lover steering pivot. The nylon bushing at the top of the steering tube (in the bracket) was worn as well.

Last part I need is a new trim motor. I hope to get the bracket parts prepped for painting this weekend. My bicycle repair business has picked up a bit lately so I've been getting some extra boat funds. I'm an avid cyclist. Gave up road racing a few years ago but still do long distance rides and high intensity training rides with friends. I do quite a bit of work for people that are tired of the college kids working in the local shops. Tonight I have 4 bikes in the workshop valued at around $11K for all. Titanium, carbon, you name it. About $250 profit this weekend doing something that I enjoy. About 8 hrs worth of work. Two more scheduled for next week. I have a full build coming in for an Ironman competitor. Full carbon frame and top-o-the line parts. $6700 bike. I charge $150 to build and fit the person. That job will pay for the trim pump.