Author Topic: my CVZ-19 Convertible is up for sale...  (Read 3035 times)

Offline wexrocks

my CVZ-19 Convertible is up for sale...
« on: November 02, 2011, 08:29:56 PM »
Ok guys... I have mixed feelings about this, but here it is...

http://www.classicglastron.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5630

I'll post it up on ebay in the next day or two, may list it locally, not sure yet. It's all part of a focus and prioritize phase of my life, there are opportunities that I can no longer allow to sit idle, and sacrifices have to be made, unfortunately including some luxuries. The CSS and Scimitar stay, we'll see what happens with the CSS next year, I can't see letting it go now, I've got to run the beast motor I built for it and get to enjoy it, and it would be worth so much less now since it's not completely finished. so... wish me luck, and hopefully I can find a good home for my beloved CVZ. I'll sure miss it.
'79 CVZ-19 "convertible" w/Evinrude 175
'81 Scimitar
'89 CSS-19

Offline wexrocks

Re: my CVZ-19 Convertible is up for sale...
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 07:17:34 PM »
Just a little clarification... there has been some question about my claim that this is the only CVZ-19 Convertible out there... here's why... The Convertible option was only available on the CVZ-18 (open bow V8 I/O model), but they used the same mold for the 18's and 19's (open bow outboard model) in the bow area, so the 19's have the relief around the seating area where the bow cover sits down in. When I got my 19, I began the search for the bow cover, and found one in TX that just happened to be the right color (dumb luck!). So, that's why I say it's the only CVZ-19 Convertible... Doran has one of the very few CVZ-18 Convertibles. I found that bow cover and snatched it up quick, with him in mind. Unfortunately not a perfect color match, but it looks REALLY good, and color can always be changed. Just wanted to clear that up. I'm hoping that this boat goes (if it sells) to someone in the Classic Glastron community, who will really appreciate what it is, and so that I (we) can follow along and watch them enjoy it. I will certainly make any new owner aware of the great group here on CGOAMN, and direct them to the main site as well. I know being a part of this group has made owning it that much more enjoyable for me.
'81 Scimitar
'89 CSS-19

Offline wexrocks

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 08:55:36 PM »
Just a heads up to all my friends here at cgoamn, the CVZ-19 has sold, and is heading to a proud new owner in Atlanta, GA. It will be very well taken care of there, and very much appreciated. Thanks for all the memories we have created concerning this boat, being a part of this group is always a pleasure, and certainly not like I'm going anywhere, still have the CSS-19 and the Scimitar, so many more memories to come, just wanted to thank everyone for following along with me on this CVZ. It made it that much more enjoyable.
'81 Scimitar
'89 CSS-19

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 09:03:37 PM »
A happy/sad time Wex's.
Hope all is going well with the CSS.

Offline wexrocks

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 09:44:48 PM »
A happy/sad time Wex's.
Hope all is going well with the CSS.

thanks, yes, it's bitter sweet. will definately miss this boat, for sure. As far as the CSS, it's almost done, will definately be ready for the upcoming season, and VERY much looking forward to running the new 383 stroker in it. I still haven't fired it up, been so busy with other things, I'd really like to hear it run... Really!
'81 Scimitar
'89 CSS-19