Author Topic: Thanksgiving test ride  (Read 1666 times)

Offline wiliermdb

Thanksgiving test ride
« on: November 24, 2011, 05:37:51 PM »
Well, hope everyone has had a great Thanksgiving. It was a early Christmas down here in Louisiana for my brother. I mentioned here in the past few weeks that he was in the market for a nice family boat that he can run the lakes in Austin, TX with and pull some skiers as well. He got a heck of a deal on this boat.

1988 MasterCraft 200 with a 1991 Mercury XRi 200 on the back. Boat is an easy 8.5 out of 10 condition wise. Carpet is a little worn in some spots, the hull buffed out quite well and just a few quick fixes will bring it up a bit. We were up until midnight last night buffing and he finished buffing this morning while I tended to the turkey and ham on the smoker. Motor is a 9.8 out of 10. Maybe 5 or 6 chips about the entire surface.

Performance is outstanding. Zero to 36 in no time at all. Max is around 42 gps but it pulls like a monster. Still has about 1/4 throttle left at 5500.

Now the nephews have two boats to enjoy. The MasterCraft for Austin and the CVX her at my house.  Plan to hit the river again on Saturday. Changing the fuel filters, lines lower unit fluid tomorrow.