Author Topic: CVX sighting in Louisiana  (Read 2551 times)

Offline wiliermdb

CVX sighting in Louisiana
« on: March 20, 2011, 08:05:19 PM »
As per an earlier post, mom headed over to the house today for her first ride in my CVX 16 and we hit the Mexican restaurant on the river for a late lunch. She had a blast and really enjoyed the CVX. Is was funny, I launched the boat and she tied it to the pier. While she was waiting on me to park the car I could here her on approaching the pier telling two men "it's a '77 model Carlson and my son is restoring it little by little."  Mom was paying attention during those phone conversations after all.

Pulled up to the public launch and quickly noticed something nestled between two other boats. It was a guy with a very nice '79 CVX 16SS with the 140 hp Mercruiser. Boat was in very good condition. A few spider webs in the glass here and there but nothing major. Engine was very clean and outdrive look unmolested.   I asked how long he's had the boat and replied 24hrs. Said he and a friend drove 4 1/2 hours to Florida to get it. Picked it up for $2500 cash and go.  From what I saw, he got a great deal.  Give it a good buffing and some detail work and it will look even better. Guy also stated he has a '78 CVX 16 with the original 115 on it. It's completely torn to pieces and will be restored by the end of summer.  Said he's seen me on the river many times.

One thing you will notice in the pic is the odd rear seat. It's a custom job and the seat back is one piece, lifts up and sets on a ledge to form a mini sun deck. Pretty cool.

Now I have some Glastron company on the river.

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
Re: CVX sighting in Louisiana
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 08:12:25 PM »
Huh...that's exactly that the CVZ-18 will have when its done!  Cool to see someone else do the same thing!

I was planning on having the bench seat back hinged so I could just pull that up and lock into place.

Does he have to lift his up and set it in place?
1990 Sierra 1700

Offline wiliermdb

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 08:20:13 PM »
Didn't get the whole story on it. Next time I see him I'll ask.   He said it had sat since September with a full tank of gas but the owner did state that he added the Ethanol Sta-bil to it. Included the 1/2 of quart of that, 3 oil filters and two 1 gal jugs of Royal Purple that he has run in it the past 5 years. He said it was a little hard to start but once it was warmed up it was running great. He wanted to nearly run it dry today so he could put a fresh tank of gas in it. We did ride next to each other by quite a few crowed yards with BB-Qs and parties going one. We received many waves, whistles, and looks to make us grin from ear to ear. Mom thought it was too cool.  For just turning 68 she loves to go out in the boat. I enjoyed the time with her.

Offline V153

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 06:18:47 PM »
We did ride next to each other by quite a few crowed yards with BB-Qs and parties going one. We received many waves, whistles, and looks to make us grin from ear to ear. Mom thought it was too cool.  For just turning 68 she loves to go out in the boat. I enjoyed the time with her.
Sounds very cool. Nuthin better than runnin next to another Glastron. 'Specially with Mom on board. It don't get much better'n that. Way to go man!

I'm ashamed to say my Mom's never been on the V153. But then again she's no dummy. Ole gal's purty wiley ...
'81 C500_given away, bought back_75.1 mph
'81 Baja 15SS_140 Frankenrude_66.7 mph
'70 something SpeedCraft_(Allison 16R Clone)_69.0 mph
'79 CVZ19_given away
'71 V153_54.8 mph_wrecked

WALK TALL AND CARRY A BIG BILGE PUMP