Author Topic: gettin Anxious  (Read 2516 times)

Offline OleRed

• Oklahoma Boating Group
gettin Anxious
« on: April 04, 2011, 12:14:19 PM »
I'm being responsible .. duh,  trying to get some other projects out before I get back to work on the Scimitar, I've got back to work on the Yellow Jacket, I need to get this little baby ready for the water, then move Jerry's GT-160 back in the shop before I jump back onto my Scimitar.  There is no hurry on my boat,  most the lakes here are Really Low, the ones by my place are so low the docks, and the ramps are laying on dry ground.  We are suffering the worst drought since 1911 with only .02 inches rain in March,  you can walk across the north part of lake Overholser, and more than a hundred yards out from the banks on some parts of lake Hefner. 
1980 23ft Scimitar

Offline OleRed

• Oklahoma Boating Group
Re: gettin Anxious
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 12:17:17 PM »
Oh ... almost forgot,  I did get the spacer made for the plenum on my new motor, it will clear the cooling hose now, but this baby just keeps hetting taller.
1980 23ft Scimitar

Offline Shrom CVX-18

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 07:47:10 PM »
You do some great work! I have always loved the wooden boats. As for the engine. Are you going to paint the block any sort of color besides the normal black? Maybe match you boat some how?
79 CVX-18 "Lowrider"

Offline Grinder

• '79 CVX 18
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 09:30:59 PM »
How about orange metal flake that would look pretty good.  ;D
Shaun
86 CVX 18

Offline OleRed

• Oklahoma Boating Group
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 12:32:18 AM »
You do some great work! I have always loved the wooden boats. As for the engine. Are you going to paint the block any sort of color besides the normal black? Maybe match you boat some how?

Ya know,  I never thought about it, but I do kinda like the black, Mercruiser look I guess, the heads are aluminum, so I will clear coat them, I am thinking about bead blasting the plenum and clear coating it, kinda match the heads, if I can get another decal like the one thats one it.
1980 23ft Scimitar