Author Topic: Gil Six Gun Propeller  (Read 11815 times)

Offline CVX Fever

Re: Gil Six Gun Propeller
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2012, 12:15:51 PM »
Are you able to contact the manufacturer Doran? If it will fit an Alpha drive it will fit your drive. That much is certain. Does the piece at the back of the prop that looks like it holds the blades in come in different thicknesses? I'm sure you'll get it figured out.
1979 CVX18 "Back in Black"....someday!
1985 CVX18 " Only thing better than 2 CVX18's is 2 girlfriends!

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2012, 01:13:13 PM »
Well, it appears that Gil Marine is out of business.  Michigan Wheel (who responded, great Customer Service) said they were only the distributor of the prop, never the builder, looked but couldn't find any installation instructions.

I just took it down to my local expert at a dealership parts counter.  Certified mechanic for 35+ years now, remembers the CVZ's when they were new, etc.  He loves Goldie too...his first reaction...let me know when it throws a blade (laughed) then said a) you're not gonna be happy with it; b) that I'm supposed to take that spacer/thrust washer off for this prop.  He's a wealth of knowledge...seen it all.  Asked how much I paid...$39.00...said...yep, for that, its a perfect spare.

Just said to take the washer off, the hub is tapered to fit correctly (which it is), and bolt it on.  So...I shall.

I'll play with it over the 4th when I'm up North...it'll give me something to mess around with.

1990 Sierra 1700

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2012, 04:20:13 PM »
Seemed to have solved the hub fitment issue...helps to have the right one!  I now have 17p & 19p blades for it.  Going to try and find the 21p blades next.

1990 Sierra 1700