Author Topic: 1983 SSV-151  (Read 10351 times)

Offline Plugcheck

• Donate members
Re: 1983 SSV-151
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2017, 01:24:46 PM »
sry for my maybe bad english... i`m from germany :)
[/quote]

Ich bin sicher, dass Ihr Englisch besser als mein Deutsch ist.  Ich war dort 1983-85
Michael
1979 CVZ-18 388 CI Vortec Mouse
1980 CVX-16SS 140 Mercruiser
1979 CVX-16 Johnson 175
2002 Bennington 2275CC 90 Mercury
1985 Intimidator project
1989 Lowe 200 Redneck fishin Toon
2001 Godfrey Sweetwater pontoon 115 Rude

Offline thedeuceman

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2017, 01:47:54 PM »
That's an awesome looking repair job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Joe
75 GT150 "SeaDeuced"... Its Back !!
92 16CSS "Attitude Adjustment" is for sale
75 CV-16V8, Project
74 CV-16... its Purple !

Offline doodlez93

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2017, 06:30:12 PM »
sry for my maybe bad english... i`m from germany :)

Ich bin sicher, dass Ihr Englisch besser als mein Deutsch ist.  Ich war dort 1983-85

well... this sentence was perfect... ^^

That's an awesome looking repair job

Thank you :)
Glastron SSV-151 with 140 PS Suzuki (DT140) 2 Stroke Outboarder

Offline Capt SkUnK

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2017, 10:21:09 PM »
Some lovely SSV-151's absolutely beautiful.  Glad to finally see a few people with some.

I too have one it's an 83 with a Evinrude 90 out back.  Needs some new uplostry which I hope to do over next winter and a few odd things here and there but it a rather nice little boat for the family.

Came with bow cover, Bimini/convertible tops.  That completely cover the boat and all still function with the tower.  Just the ski pylon needs to be removed for the rear convertible top section to zip up.

We did add the ski pylon and the tower.   I ended up moving the rear bench seat forward a few inches to mount the ski pylon behind the seat and built a filler piece to fill the open area left by moving the bench seat.  both tower snd pylon work really well for the kids.  The tower actually functions well on this boat with the kids ages 9 & 10 for wake boarding.   And the ski pylon for skiing & Knee boarding.

Unfortunately I've yet to get a chance to try it as the wife has been a little scare operating the boat.   So hopefully sometime this summer I'll be able to get some water sport action behind it and give it a test. 

Very intestine upgrading the motor to such a large size.   Here where I'm from immnot able to exceed the maimum size on the tag with is rated at 90HP.  Sure would love to see some videos if that machine ripping around

« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 10:25:22 PM by Capt SkUnK »

Offline doodlez93

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2017, 03:52:06 AM »
Nice... Even a nice work...

But hey... we assure the vehicle in germany (one of the countrys with the most regulations :D) But the engine is the vehicle papers registered :P

But i am a student so i dont have the money to buy new things for my loved boat. After studying i will repair everythink because it has a lots of problems :( :( :(
The light doesnt work, it dont has a horn, the seats need a saddler, i need a NEW TRAILER! because the second trailer is also nearly his dead :(, and the engine needs a new mountingplate before i will lose it on the ocean while drinving :(

But i will do every thing i can do to drive this boat for ever ... but now i dont have the resources for my beauty
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 05:19:42 AM by doodlez93 »

Offline Capt SkUnK

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2017, 08:34:09 AM »
I love the color of that blue! Looks really sharp. 

Our boat has never been out of land locked Alberta Canada and has only been on fresh water Lakes and is always stored under shelter during rain or snow.  We were thinking about heading by the Brirish Columbia Canada Coast but the more I read about salt water the less I feel inclined to take it near the salt Water.    I have a herd enough time Jeeping our Jeeps rust free from all the salt they pour on our roads during the winter so I can only imagine what would happen with salt water on the engine alone.

I too am finding how expensive it is to own and operate a boat as we have only had it not twice and  need to fix a couple things.  Hopefully I'll be able to buy tue parts and do the work myself which will save a lot of money cutting out the mechanic.

But nothing I Ike some clean and enjoyable find that a boat brings to a person.  When your ready to fix your boat  his forum has some great members of have found that are very knowledgeable and very willing to help offer advice. Sure you will have no trouble getting pointed in the right direction.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Offline doodlez93

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2017, 09:24:59 AM »
Well, i am here because i am sure that here are lots of friendly helpful people :)

And what should i say... look the engine... its nearly every year in the ocean für about 3 weeks and the rest of the time its in our open garage... even in the air is a little bit salty humidity.. but if you clean every thing orderly nothing will happen... well... a few things you cant protect from rusting... then after a few years you have to change them (like the steering plate in the picture) and if you change it with stainless steel you will be happy forever :D

Here some fotos of my engine...

Edit: Oh and YES i LOVE this color too
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 10:01:04 AM by doodlez93 »