Author Topic: New web site ... GlastronSpeed ...  (Read 6621 times)

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
Re: New web site ... GlastronSpeed ...
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2012, 04:24:06 PM »
It uses a Google thing that reads yer cookies and gives you ads you may be interested in, so If you are getting sexy ads we know what you are doing.

For the record...it is not a 'Google Thing'.  When you're on Google's search results page after a search, those 'Sponsored Links' on the right side...that's Google.  

When you go to a website like GlastronSpeed, or any other site...the administrator of a website has specifically installed Ad software to monetize the site.  (That is not a bad thing btw.)  Sometimes the web provider (hosting company) will make you have the Ads and then issues the domain for free...they absorb the initial costs and then make money on the Ad revenue over time.

Google has nothing to do with popup ads.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 04:25:43 PM by dorelse »
1990 Sierra 1700

Offline OleRed

• Oklahoma Boating Group
Re: New web site ... GlastronSpeed ...
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2012, 05:21:59 PM »
It uses a Google thing that reads yer cookies and gives you ads you may be interested in, so If you are getting sexy ads we know what you are doing.

That can't be so Jerry, I saw several Dating adds over there and I Never have searched the internet for a date, no *Censored*, and I never looked for a toyota. Oh, I delete the cookies every evening before I turn off my computer because I'm on craiglist and other sites selling boats a lot, I understand deleting the cookies helps keep the computer from slowing down.
1980 23ft Scimitar