Author Topic: Good news My Garage didn't blow up  (Read 8882 times)

Offline Jerry

Re: Good news My Garage didn't blow up
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2013, 11:03:54 AM »
The most important thing is, if you installed it yourself, without a permit or inspection, your homeowners policy (even if your an agent) may be void, Not something you want to take a chance on.
'72 Glastron GT160 Sport - Okie-Dokie
'63 Winner - Grandpa's Fisn-Bote
'63 Glasspar SeaFair Sunliner - Mischief Maker

Offline CVZ18Fan

Re: Good news My Garage didn't blow up
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2013, 05:49:41 AM »
I too am thankful that you escaped that without issue. I lived about 1/4" from a major natural gas explosion in Rochester, MI in the early 90's, it was the loudest sound I have ever experienced. A contractor hit a gas line with a backhoe, it leaked in the building for the better part of an hour and when he went inside to make a call to notify the gas company, he turned a light on that apparently caused a spark and it blew apart a 1/4 of the entire block. A few people were killed, scary as heck. Thankfully you and your family are ok.

The biggest challenge with my 10 year old is teaching her to think about what she says before she says it. And there is the age old saying, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't saying anything at all". We all know you are all smarter than that. Glad all worked out ok.

Rich