Author Topic: Closing Business  (Read 6856 times)

Offline OleRed

• Oklahoma Boating Group
Closing Business
« on: April 06, 2015, 10:55:49 PM »
Hi Everyone.

Just so every one knows ... on April 30th 2015  I'm going to be shutting all the forums

and the "OleRed" website down.  Any information and pictures, over 2,000 of them,

video's, 125 of them, 47 subscriptions, are going to be shut down on the 30th of this

month. well .. not all the video's, that are on you tube, just some of them.
Anyway ... I'm tired :(  my body is mad at me, and it time to quit, the Fox is talking

about retiring, again, she say's, and we both enjoy our jeep, they don't go so fast, and

never have to worry about swimming. ( till I got her wet once)

We have a nicer bigger motor home now, and a nice trailer to carry the jeep on, made

a few trips with it, the 51 Willys, small block Chevy, auto trans, power steering, 31"

swamper tires and lockers, and I got another one that the Fox has claimed as Her's, it's

a 48 willys jeepster, about a 2 year project, so we are changing gears, litteraly, done

with the boats.

I been paying slip rent, wet and dry, for four years and have not had enough water to

put the boat in our lake here, and the drought don't show any forcast of changing this

year, I've canceled my boat slips, selling the little house boat, and moving on to

something we can use any day or time we want too. 

I have had a good run with the boats, for a Lot of years and had a Lot of fun, met some

Truely good friends, traveled a Lot of miles with them and stayed on the phone half a

day for several years with all that, but I, We, are ready to move to a different kind of

enjoyment now, and we both agree, gotta let em go.

The web site and the forums cost a few bucks a month, the website domain is $10.55 a

month, the forums are about $4.00 a month with a 10,000 hit per month free count.

sometimes they run over that, I'll include statistics.

All the forums included over 523,832 hits, views as of today,
the Glastron Carlson site  2831 posts - views this month 1449 - 91 members and an

average daily view of 200 hit's

The Oklahoma Forum has 193 members - 199 a day views - total post of 2891

The CGOA OK forum has an average view of 200 a day - 1839 this month.

All the forums and website cost about $20 to $30 a month, and I have already talked to

Sparklit, that carries the forums, and Yahoo that holds the domain, both can be

imported to a new "owner" and they are Not for Sale ... Anyone that want's to pick them

up and run with them can Have them, domain and all, I getting out of the boat

business, and am willing to pass all this on to someone, anyone, who want's it, but it

all will be closed down April 30th.

For any details about the thing just give me a call and I'll pass on the numbers to

Sparklit and Yahoo that can help you with the thing if you want it, but Please, I only

want calls from people interested in the web site and forums, all others can use

emails, I'm still pretty busy, I got two boats here now, one left to finish, be done by the

20th, and that makes me   FREE !  to work on my jeeps, my house, and finish my shop,

a storm shelter, and the Fox has plans for a new set of cabinets for the kitchen.

Take Care everyone

Red  405-810-8044 in Oklahoma City
1980 23ft Scimitar

Offline Jerry

Re: Closing Business
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 11:07:09 PM »
Ya know we love you guys, when it's time it's time. Hope to see you up here, or someplace.
'72 Glastron GT160 Sport - Okie-Dokie
'63 Winner - Grandpa's Fisn-Bote
'63 Glasspar SeaFair Sunliner - Mischief Maker

Offline OleRed

• Oklahoma Boating Group
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 11:51:32 PM »
You have, and Dottie have been "special" with me and the Fox since the first time we met you guy's in Muscatine, rainy weather, boats were all wet, and you guy's invited us into your old motor home, had a good time then, the Fox fell in liking with Dottie, me too, and you and her were a big part of a good time for us up there, will never for get it, was a good time.  Thanks Jerry, we love you guy's too, for a long time.

edited.
Hey Jerry
remember ... there was a "line" at the dock because I took you on a ride, then Bill and his boy's on a ride in the scimitar, worried about it getting on plane with them, finally layed down, 75mph, scared them all, Bill had been over35mph, that was the first trip me and the Fox had been on with the scimitar, 500 miles, was a really good time, well, for the most part, during the photo shoot next morning, I hit a "swell" they called it, 70mph and the boat went airborne, I got off the throttle, and
when it landed  it died, just as I was making the pass by the houseboat where the photographer was, dead in the water,  I was So embarrassed, the coil wire come off the distributor and when I realized what had happened, put it back on and finished the shoot, but they had give up on me by then.

That's the trip when I got a picture of me and Chris Smith side by side in the photo shoot, that Nancy Whiteside took, she sent the picture to me, was good times Jerry, you take Care of yourself, the Fox is still praying for you, daily.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 12:15:47 AM by OleRed »
1980 23ft Scimitar

Offline 75starflight

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 08:16:34 AM »
Congrats on the retirement Red! Defiantly comes a time when you just have to all let it go and enjoy life!
1975 v-179 starflite

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 09:35:37 AM »
Congratulations on your retirement Red !
Life changes, interests change ...as long as YOUR having fun ... DO IT !

You can still stop by from time to time and say HI.

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 09:57:57 AM »
I'm happy for the two of you!  Time to start having fun in the new motorhome and the Jeeps.

Enjoy Red, and don't be a stranger!

1990 Sierra 1700

Offline V153

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 06:52:50 PM »
Slacker!

Heh heh heh
'81 C500_given away, bought back_75.1 mph
'81 Baja 15SS_140 Frankenrude_66.7 mph
'70 something SpeedCraft_(Allison 16R Clone)_69.0 mph
'79 CVZ19_given away
'71 V153_54.8 mph_wrecked

WALK TALL AND CARRY A BIG BILGE PUMP

Offline Glastronjohn18

• project in progress
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2015, 07:30:36 PM »
Good luck on your "retirement" Red. Thanks for all your input and advice, all of us have benefited from it even if it was directed to someone else.
Have fun with those Jeeps. Never had one myself but as the lead driver for a traveling Jeep show Chrysler let me have use of a Grand Cherokee while I was on site. What a Hoot. 
I'm sorry that I never got to meet you or the fox in person.
Again best of luck and fun in your new endeavors.
John
'80 CVX 18 - Survivor Class
'78 CVX 18
'76 V 225 -   Bal Harbor
'80 V195XL
'86 CVX 18- And '86 Makes 3

Offline Plugcheck

• Donate members
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2015, 09:22:21 PM »
Best wishes for retirement, you have earned it.  Might not see you at a boating event, but maybe at one of the off road parks, ever make it up to Tuttle creek?  It was a pleasure to meet you and the Fox at Rathbun.  Drop a note on the forum sometime and let us know how your doing.
Michael
1979 CVZ-18 388 CI Vortec Mouse
1980 CVX-16SS 140 Mercruiser
1979 CVX-16 Johnson 175
2002 Bennington 2275CC 90 Mercury
1985 Intimidator project
1989 Lowe 200 Redneck fishin Toon
2001 Godfrey Sweetwater pontoon 115 Rude

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2015, 11:16:41 PM »
hmm...we could host them alongside ours for free...1&1 doesn't charge a hosting count, etc.  I'd need time to figure out how to get them migrated over Red.  I couldn't make the 4/30 deadline.

Have any CGOA OK members stepped up to the plate to take over for you?
1990 Sierra 1700

Offline Fuzzbutt

• '77 Silver/White CVX16 Deluxe
    • Mykeeshond.com
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2015, 11:20:50 PM »
Good luck to you Red. Thanks for being an outstanding ambassador to our sport.

I spent some time looking around your site last night and I agree it would be a shame to loose any of it. If I could figure out a way to host it I would. Setting it up along side something related would be a great choice. Even if it's static in nature preserving it is worthwhile.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you've made up your mind that you just aren't doing anything productive for the rest of the day."

Offline OleRed

• Oklahoma Boating Group
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2015, 08:34:03 AM »
Thanks Guy's
I've enjoyed the years with the boats, the trips, and making some great friends.

Doran, 4/30 is not set in stone, if you want to do something with it will work it out on your time.

Two members have called, interested in moving two of the three forums, cgoa of Ok and the Carlson site, but haven't taken any action.

Bill in California has is saving a lot of info, pictures, and pages from the site.

Off Topic :
Here's a link to our  jeep trip a couple weeks ago with our grandsons.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UuJrnTzcbg

and a link to me being silly.  I un-corked the headers on the little blue jeep to take it to the muffler shop next morning, for glass packs, couldn't resist a video :)  turn the volume up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC8e6CJJRHI

Another link - same show from a quad copter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSLQguQFGTo
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 08:55:23 AM by OleRed »
1980 23ft Scimitar

Offline thedeuceman

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2015, 01:25:25 PM »
those videos are great Red, its funny how our interests change over the years, i just got into boats a few years ago and it has been amazing, mostly cuz in the end i get to spend lots of time with Laurie on the water (hope to include more family with the 1900) it's vary cool that you guys are enjoying this new "land adventure".
watching the videos reminded me of my old truck "70GMC" i built it in 85 with full intentions of seeing many meets like that in the video. that never really panned out, too much other stuff at that time.
anyways im so thankful i got into glastrons in time to meet you guys, ans see some of you're work.
also thanks so much for the help on my current project.
if you decide to document yer "JEEP fun" and or the new project somewhere please let us know so we can follow.
as for yer website, if no one else will take it on, i could prob take it till Doran can get some of the stuff integrated.

truck pix from 85

Joe
75 GT150 "SeaDeuced"... Its Back !!
92 16CSS "Attitude Adjustment" is for sale
75 CV-16V8, Project
74 CV-16... its Purple !

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2015, 01:39:17 PM »
Thanks Guy's
I've enjoyed the years with the boats, the trips, and making some great friends.

Doran, 4/30 is not set in stone, if you want to do something with it will work it out on your time.

Two members have called, interested in moving two of the three forums, cgoa of Ok and the Carlson site, but haven't taken any action.

Bill in California has is saving a lot of info, pictures, and pages from the site.

It'd be far easier to just migrate the site to a new hosting company, I would put the OK forums under their own forum.cgoaok.com site mirroring what we have now...BUT...if there's an OK guy that wants to do it, he/she should take those reigns.  I can be a backup to the backup plan... :D
1990 Sierra 1700

Offline WetRaider

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2015, 02:25:34 PM »
Congratulations, Red.  You've been inspiration and a barrel full of knowledge to a lot of us.  Glad to hear you're keeping happy.
If you didn't get wet, you didn't have fun ~ WetRaider

Dan O'Connor
1979 GT 150 / 1976 Mercury 1150

Offline Rosscoe

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2015, 07:28:08 AM »
Sorry to hear but happy for you at the same time. You help has been invaluable. Hope you'll still stop by from time to time.
Ross
61 Surflite 1964 90HP Johnson project
67 V163 Bayflite Super Sport  1989 100HP Merc
67 V164 Bayflite 120HP
67 V174 Crestflite Rat Rod
71 V175 Crestflite 350ci -Jet
73 GT 160
84 CVX 17  83 115 Merc
88 CVX-23 350 Mag

Offline Jerry

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2015, 09:15:02 AM »
It's Jeep Time.

Offline OleRed

• Oklahoma Boating Group
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2015, 10:25:58 AM »
wow !
I'd forgot about that picture Jerry, for a minute I thought you had found an identical jeep to take that picture. That was the time you and Dottie had to wait on me and the Fox for a solid hour to eat dinner :) when we went to the wrong place.

Here's a picture of our new "old jeep" it's a total project, 1948 Jeepster sbc, auto, independent rear suspension, mustang front w/rack&pinion. Georgia layed a claim stake on it already, looks like we are going to be a two jeep family.

1980 23ft Scimitar

Offline Jerry

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2015, 10:30:13 AM »
I'll be down to get it. Where did ya find a Jeepster you lucky SOB.

Offline OleRed

• Oklahoma Boating Group
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2015, 05:15:18 PM »
I stole it, no foolin.  I paid for it when I seen it listed, when I went back to get it the fellow offered me my money back + $250 cash, but he let me bring it home, and I'll only tell you in person what I paid for it, it's embarrassing :)  only 30 miles from my house.

I was looking at two in Texas, both projects, one is $2500 and the other $2200.  I really didn't know how rare these things are, I had one when the boy was 4 years old, he's 43 now and done layed his claim on it too, the list goes on, grandsons, daughter, sister, neighbors, It's Kool.
1980 23ft Scimitar