Author Topic: Car Keys  (Read 5027 times)

Offline Tonka Jim

• Donate members
  • 1977 SSV 176 1989 CV 23
Car Keys
« on: January 14, 2013, 02:14:15 PM »
CAR  KEYS

Several days ago as I left a meeting at a hotel; I desperately gave myself a personal TSA pat down looking for my car keys.
They were not in my pockets. A quick search in the meeting room revealed nothing. Suddenly I realized I must have left them in the car. Frantically, I headed for the parking lot.
My husband has scolded me many times for leaving the keys in the ignition. My theory is the ignition is the best place not to lose them. His theory is that the car will be stolen. As I burst through the door, I came to a terrifying conclusion. His theory was right, the parking lot was empty. I immediately called the police.
 I gave them my location, confessed that I had left my keys in the car, and that it had been stolen. Then I made the most difficult call of all, "Honey," I stammered; (I always call him "honey" in times like these) "I left my keys in the car and it's been stolen." There was a period of silence. I thought the call had been dropped, but then I   heard his voice.
"Are you kidding' me", he barked, "I dropped you  off"!!!!!!!
 Now it was my time to be silent.
 Embarrassed, I said, "Well, come and get   me."   
 He retorted, "I will, as soon as I convince this cop I didn't steal your car."     

Yep it's the golden years................
1977 SSV-176 / '85 115 Merc. - Mine
1989  CV 23 / 350 - 270hp - Kelly's
1968 V-174 / '73 140 I/O - Gifted to Son
1971 Seaking 14' / 1958 Evenrude 7.5 - Gifted to Grandson

Online Hyperacme

• Administrator
Re: Car Keys
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 02:28:04 PM »
LOL ...

Offline WetRaider

Re: Car Keys
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 03:09:13 PM »
Hahaha.  That's awesome.

When I was in college, I had driven back to the dorms at some wee hour of the morning.  Got upstairs, went to sleep, woke for class (late), scrambled to get dressed and locked the door on my way out.  After class, and standing in front of my locked dorm room, I realized I didn't have my key ... went down to the office, showed ID and the door was opened for me.  I couldn't find my keys inside the room.  Knowing that even if I had left my keys in the car, the alarm would have locked the doors 15 seconds after I shut the door, so I called campus security to meet me at the car with a slim jim.  They said it would be 90 minutes before they could get there, and that I was to be out by the car about 5 minutes early so that they could identify me & the vehicle on their way into the parking lot.  I sat on my tail for 85 minutes and headed outside.  Walked all the way out to the far end of the lot where the car sat idling away, doors unlocked, heater running full blast, radio on ...

If you didn't get wet, you didn't have fun ~ WetRaider

Dan O'Connor
1979 GT 150 / 1976 Mercury 1150