Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Alpha 1 Gen 2 rebuild
« Last post by fireman24mn on Today at 08:59:34 PM »
I never have but my plan is to do the same thing and mount the go pro to see if it is getting water or not.
Nebraska Events / Meets / Calamus Resvoir Meet
« Last post by 75starflight on Today at 08:41:28 PM »
Since we talked about doing a calamus meet during the lunch today I thought I would do a little research and  get some feedback.

I checked and all of the powered sites are booked all the way through August. So our only options would either be Hammond bayou,  or valley view flat. These are both park and pick a place to camp. Both have ample space to set up a tent and both allow RVs and campers to be used in the parking lot.
Valley view flat would be the better choice for us in my opinion due to the fact that it has a boat ramp and a bathhouse.

Otherwise Hammond bayou is not bad, it is all the way at the tail Waters of the reservoir and does not have a useable boat ramp. It does have an out house. The nearest ramp is at least 2 miles away.

I have attached a map of the reservoir and campgrounds.
At this point in time I would say either the weekend of July
14th or 28th would be our best choices.
Of course I would like to see this get together last around 2 or three days. So maybe arrive on Thursday or Friday and stay through Sunday.
General Discussion / Re: Motor overheating problem
« Last post by cv-19 on Today at 07:53:39 PM »

I have another 455 that was in the boat before years ago . Its been taken apart and my plan is to rebuild it .
Nebraska Events / Meets / Re: December breakfast or lunch in Omaha
« Last post by 75starflight on Today at 07:24:58 PM »
Yes it was great seeing everyone again. J- man had a great time building legos with Hindryk .

Yep, they seemed to get along great!
« Last post by Madbohunk on Today at 07:07:37 PM »
Yes it was great seeing everyone again. J- man had a great time building legos with Hindryk .
« Last post by 75starflight on Today at 06:52:39 PM »
We had a good turnout for the
Lunch at the old mattress factory.

It was good to see everyone again!

Hope to see everyone at the boat show in February or maybe sooner for another lunch.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

« Last post by Hyperacme on Today at 09:47:30 AM »
Bummer !
New short block or rebuild used one ?
General Discussion / Re: Timi time
« Last post by Hyperacme on Today at 09:45:17 AM »
" Just curious, how do you composite guys anchor seat mounts and such? "

Diamond Chad's post ... "CVX 16 gets a new floor"

http://forum.cgoamn.com/index.php?topic=5388.msg75070#msg75070
« Last post by Plugcheck on December 16, 2017, 11:22:23 PM »
Sorry to hear the temps caused the block crack. At least the heads are good, hopefully find a decent short block to replace yours. 
General Discussion / Re: Timi time
« Last post by Plugcheck on December 16, 2017, 11:16:57 PM »
Boats that utilize foam or balsa for stringers are using the fiber glass laid up against them rely on the glass plies for strength.  I would agree that in this application composite materials would be a suitable substitute.  But when I cut out the stringers in this Timi, they have tabs and cloth cover.  I just don't see that as structural.  They basically relied on the 2x6 beam strength, and used glass to seal and captivate it.  I could see a composite use on the floor, and yes, as a stringer, but only if I plan to lay up at least 3-4 layers on either side vrs a capture layer.  Now when you consider the extra glass and resin required for composite stringers, I wonder if there is a weight savings.  I'll admit, I'm not a pro boat builder, just a DIY guy restoring old classic boats, so I tend to error on the side of on design.   Now the floor is a real possibility for composite, right now I'm considering it, or 3/8" play with cloth on both sides.   Just curious, how do you composite guys anchor seat mounts and such?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10