Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: GT Jet Project
« Last post by nes-cv23 on Today at 05:40:18 PM »
Next. Time to split the gt.. But this is enough for this weekend.. By the way the gt is a 76 with no wood left in it that's good.
« Last post by nes-cv23 on Today at 05:34:51 PM »
Next. Time to take the motor out and see how it all goes togather.  I think this will work out good. Very simple set up.
« Last post by nes-cv23 on Today at 05:25:53 PM »
First step.. Cut the donor apart.. It actually came apart easy. They had the same rotten core that the glastrons do.  :)  Split it in half to get at the motor and drive. All the controls, stearing and gauges will be used again. The gt is a little smaller so everything should fit.
« Last post by 75starflight on Today at 05:25:01 PM »
Should be an interesting project! Look forward to seeing this come together and how it works!
General Discussion / GT Jet Project
« Last post by nes-cv23 on Today at 05:16:44 PM »
Time to stop talking about it, and start on it!    A buddy of mine had a little jet boat, you know the ones with a jet ski set up, but in a little boat. Lots of fun!!  But then I thought... A little gt-150 would be a great boat with a jet..   I had another gt I was going to fix up so I just needed a jet boat for a donor motor and drive..  Found one!  It's a 94 four winns fling with a 115hp omc motor. Freshly rebuilt.. But the guy didn't want to pay his bill on the rebuild. So after 6 years my motor man said I could buy it if I paid for the parts used in the rebuild. Deal!   
General Discussion / Re: Found myself a winter time project
« Last post by Plugcheck on Today at 03:32:50 PM »
     Just saw a DeLorean DMC-12 today as a matter of fact.   Coincidence maybe?   That's a nice looking 18, just some wiring issues?  Seems everthing around here is just one step away from wrecking yard.
« Last post by Silver GT-150 on Today at 03:01:31 PM »
Wow, the DeLorean...  That would have been fun to see.
« Last post by carlsoncvx18 on Today at 01:47:32 PM »
Remember those days of going into the Glastron dealer in Fargo and seeing the simitar and also into the Chevrolet dealer and looking at the  DeLorean.
« Last post by Silver GT-150 on Today at 01:09:52 PM »
Cool! My brother's orthodontist was in DL and we lived in Fergus and I would always have to go with for his appointments. The bonus was we would usually stop at the Glastron dealership to check out the new boats.  That made it worthwhile.  This would have been in the late 70's. 
« Last post by carlsoncvx18 on Today at 12:12:50 PM »
Grew up in between dl and Fargo/mhd so we go up that way all the time. Spend a week on Bad Medicine in June then a week in dl in July.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10