Author Topic: New member from SE Nebraska.  (Read 5958 times)

Offline kuchupa

• Kansas Chapter CGOA
New member from SE Nebraska.
« on: May 17, 2012, 11:54:07 AM »
Hi everyone!  I'm Dave, proud owner of a 1977 GT-150.  Glad I found your site.  I looked for the closest active chapter on the CGOA site and was pleasantly surprised to see just how active this board is. 

I have been involved, off and on, with CGOA for about 10 years.  I was once the President of the Kansas Chapter of CGOA.  Got our website up and running, tried to generate interest in meets, moved away from any water and kinda lost interest.  The site is still functioning at www.kansasglastron.4t.com but I haven't done anything with it for years.  I'm starting to get re-energized after looking around your site.  Also because we recently moved back to an area that has some water.  I've been working on my boat for the past few weeks and put it on the water for a little while Tuesday evening.  It ran well.

Here is an old pic of my boat, I'll take some new pics soon.  My then 10 year old son was driving is this pic.  He's bigger now, 21 years and 6'3" 270.

Dave  1977 GT-150
Verdon, Nebraska

Offline Bayflite73

Re: New member from SE Nebraska.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 01:17:02 PM »
Welcome Dave! Always great to have a new member of the forum!

It's a little short notice, but have you seen the info about the IA chapter's meet at the end of the month?

http://forum.cgoamn.com/index.php?topic=2552.0

That shouldn't be all that far away for ya!
Josh Craig
'78 SSV-177
previously owned: '73 V-174 Bayflite

Offline WetRaider

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 02:59:40 PM »
Hey Dave ....
It would be great to have you out at Rathbun !  Even if just for the day on Saturday.
I've got a '79 GT 150 in full re-build right now.  Determined to have it ready for the Rathbun meet ... I start glassing stringers this evening.
If you didn't get wet, you didn't have fun ~ WetRaider

Dan O'Connor
1979 GT 150 / 1976 Mercury 1150

Offline kuchupa

• Kansas Chapter CGOA
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 03:49:33 PM »
Thanks guys.  Dan - you've got your work cut out for you if you're going to have that GT ready in less than 3 weeks.  Good luck.

My daughter's birthday is June 1 so I don't know about the Run on Rathbun.  I asked her if she wanted to go to the Iowa Glastron event for her birthday and she said "will there be beer and a lake?"  Maybe we will make it over there.  I looked on Google maps and it's only 193 miles.
Dave  1977 GT-150
Verdon, Nebraska

Offline 75starflight

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 09:31:51 PM »
Hi Dave, just so you know you are not the only Nebraskan on this forum. You have 84carlson (Joe) on here he is from Lincoln, and then myself, Brandon, I am from Central City. Just wondering where do you regularly go with your boat?
1975 v-179 starflite

Offline kuchupa

• Kansas Chapter CGOA
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 09:26:21 AM »
Hi Brandon - Thanks for the welcome!  I have had my boat on the water exactly once in the past 8 years.  Although young son has had it out a few times in the past few years as he started referring to it as "his boat".  The one time I went to the lake, last week, I went to Kirkmans' Cove near Humboldt.  Not very big, barely large enough for one boat.  I am open to suggestions.
Dave  1977 GT-150
Verdon, Nebraska

Offline 75starflight

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 06:29:25 PM »
I think you might enjoy Branched Oak Lake just a little north west of Lincoln. I haven't been on that lake but it does have a nice marina, but the ramps are a really steep drop to the water. I usually go to Sherman reservoir by loup city, or Calmus reservoir by burwell. But those two would be about a 3 hr + drive from where you are.
1975 v-179 starflite

Offline kuchupa

• Kansas Chapter CGOA
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 02:50:24 PM »
Brandon - have you ever gone down to Lovewell Res, just south of Superior?  Looks like it's only about 80 miles from you and a very nice lake.  Spent about half of my high school years there.
Dave  1977 GT-150
Verdon, Nebraska

Offline 75starflight

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 05:41:29 PM »
Looked at it on line, but have never been on it. Would like to some time, but just haven't had a chance yet. I have a coworker that has fished it several times that has told me to take the starflite there.
1975 v-179 starflite