Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
You're going to love all the lakes around...depending on where you're at, folks will be to point you to some great lakes!  Welcome!

We really do love it here.  So many in MO/OK said I wouldn't make it through the first winter here.  My friends have shown me some great lakes ice fishing.  I am looking forward to discovering some more when the ice comes off.  We are in Sauk Centre.   
Members Profiles / Introductions / Re: Let's get to know each other...
« Last post by dorelse on Today at 08:04:27 PM »
Hey everyone, my name is Scott Brown.  I am just shy of 40  :o (when did that happen), I am a transplant to central MN, originally from a small town in SW MO and lived in Tulsa from 01 until December 31 of 2014 when we moved to MN (moving to MN in the winter is NOT a good idea btw).  I grew up on a small farm, hunting and fishing in the fields and ponds I could walk to.  Since moving to MN I have rekindled that love of hunting and fishing with my amazing wife encouraging me the entire time (anything to get me out of her hair lol) I have never owned or even driven a boat, but hopefully the weather holds and I can pick up my first boat in a few days, a 1979 HPV 165.  I have a 7 YO son that can't stop talking about the boat and how many fish we're going to catch now.  Thanks for everything so far.     

You're going to love all the lakes around...depending on where you're at, folks will be to point you to some great lakes!  Welcome!
Members Profiles / Introductions / Re: Newbie from MN
« Last post by redneckgearhead on Today at 08:02:33 PM »
Drain and inspect fuel tank, new fuel hose and primer bulb.
Is VRO disconnected ?

Will add those to the list along with spark plugs.  The previous owner mixed the fuel so I am assuming the vro is disconnected, but have been told that 83 was the last year for non vro? 
Classified / Wanted to Buy / Re: GCOTD
« Last post by Hyperacme on Today at 07:30:46 PM »
74 glass tron - $750 (Hillsboro)
https://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/boa/d/74-glass-tron/6568248883.html

Speed boat. 16ft.
The good it runs and all electronics work.
Bill of sale, copy of title and the trailer has a title.
We have previprevious registration tags. The trailer has new wheels and tires.
The bad. It needs a steering wheel and fuel tank to be water ready.
Only have a copy of the title. The interior will need a overhaul at some point.
$750 obo. No holds
Members Profiles / Introductions / Re: Newbie from MN
« Last post by Hyperacme on Today at 07:25:04 PM »
Drain and inspect fuel tank, new fuel hose and primer bulb.
Is VRO disconnected ?
« Last post by Hyperacme on Today at 07:14:21 PM »
1969 20ft glastron - $2500 (Roseville)
https://sacramento.craigslist.org/boa/d/ft-glastron/6569312309.html

I have a 1969 20ft Glastron for sale, boat was fully restored a few years ago. Interior is near perfect. Rebuilt Chevy 350. Less than 10hrs on engine. Brand new Holley carb, new battery. Has two 18 gallon fuel tanks. Just serviced engine. New oil, oil filter, and fuel filter. Just registered boat and trailer have title in hand for both. Also includes Bimini top with all plastics. Trailer is an easy load 2 axle trailer. Has surge brakes. All 4 new tires, brand new brakes. All new hub bearings. All lights work. Nice, easy to pull trailer. Looking to get $2500 for this older but clean boat that runs like a top. Take out the family, wakeboard or ski behind it, or just cruise on the lake! Or catch the fish of a life time! Only selling due to buying a new boat and I can't have two.
« Last post by Hyperacme on Today at 07:10:43 PM »
"Garage Find" Glastron GX 150, 1982 25th Anniversary - $2400 (DL area)
https://fargo.craigslist.org/boa/d/garage-find-glastron-gxth/6569021298.html

In the Garage for over 25 years. Glastron 25th Anniversary GX150, only made this boat 1 year, (1982).
Johnson 88hp outboard, and Trailer.
« Last post by Hyperacme on Today at 06:54:45 PM »
More ...
« Last post by Hyperacme on Today at 06:53:37 PM »
More pictures ...
« Last post by Hyperacme on Today at 06:52:16 PM »
1980 Glastron SSV-169 Sprint - Factory Original - Family owned for 35 years / Jasper, Indiana / Starting bid - $1500
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1980-Glastron-SSV-169-Sprint-/232744624802?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

For sale is a very nice factory original 1980 Glastron SSV-169 Sprint. Package includes an original 1980 Glastron custom aluminum trailer and an original Mariner 90hp ELPT outboard. This particular model (the Sprint) was only produced for one year. Due to her light weight, she accelerates quickly and will run 40+ mph with the 3-bladed prop.

This boat has served our family well over the last 35 years, with many precious memories. She has never left us stranded on the water, which is pretty hard to believe!

*For high res photos visit my album on photobucket:*
http://s38.photobucket.com/user/kurtnval/slideshow/1980%20Glastron%20SSV-169?sort=9 

HISTORY OF THIS CLASSIC GLASTRON: Our family purchased this Glastron in June 1983 as the 2nd owner and we have owned and operated it every summer for the last 35 years! This boat has never sat idle for a season and has been stored inside when not in the water. She has never sat in the water and has been trailered in and out during every use. Because of that, this might be the best condition-wise classic Glastron on the market!

BOAT INFORMATION:
1980 Glastron SSV-169
Hull Identification Number: GLAAG865M80B
Exterior Color: Metalflake Silver with Gray
Interior Color: Gray and Blue
Length: 16'2"
Beam: 79 1/4"
Transom Width: 77 1/4"
Depth: 38 1/4"
Capacity: 1290 lbs.
Fuel Capacity: 18 gal. 

OUTBOARD INFORMATION:
1980 Mariner 90hp ELPT
Serial Number: 5407997

TRAILER INFORMATION:
1980 Glastron Custom Aluminum Trailer (Color Matching)
Serial Number: 11481
Model Number: G-16
Trailer Color: Gray
Tape Color: Black
Carpet Color: B/W
Wheels: Mag

The following description is from the 1980 Glastron brochure:
"Let your hair be wind-whipped and your spirits unleashed in the new SSV-169 Sprint. Let this quick-planing SSV hull skim you away to watery hideaways. The surge of outboard power and the deft handling will make you think you're driving a formula race car. And the hot performance of the 16-foot Sprint is matched by her sporty good looks. Her racy smoothness presents a sleek, low profile. The buckets and bench seating, the walk-through tinted windshield, and the open bow make this the roomiest 16 around. So hook up the tow lines and let the skiing begin. Glastron's all-new SSV-169 Sprint. For racing the wind."

CONDITION:
Boat is in good mechanical and operating condition for being 38 years old. The only mechanical item that is not operating right now is the tachometer. Gauge is operating but is receiving bad info. The boat was winterized every Fall before storage for the Winters and she is ready for the boating season as she sits. Everything on boat is original from the factory except antenna, Pioneer AM/FM/CD player, speakers, and the boat cover. I have completed some maintenance items recently as you can see below.

SERVICE/MAINTENANCE:
- June 2011 - New Goodyear Marathon Tires for Trailer
- July 2015 - New battery installed
- August 2015 - Installed new engine wiring harness and stator, new water pump assembly, fuel line primer bulb
- September 2016 - Installed new power trim pump motor kit

COSMETIC FLAWS as you can see in some of the pictures are listed as follows:
- Power antenna was added by us many years back and no longer worked so it has been removed
- Tears in upholstery on both bucket seats
- Small corner tear in upholstery on port side in the bow seating
- Crack in the plexiglass on the port side (approx. 8" in length)
- Crack in the plexiglass on the starboard (approx. 2" around screw)
- Carpet in ski hold letting loose from left aft sidewall and worn through near back side of cover

I have described this watercraft as honestly and accurately as possible, but as always, inspections are welcomed and encouraged.

Bill of Sale and Title will be provided after payment is received and cleared.

All logistics, transportation costs, shipping costs, fees, and taxes are the responsibility of the buyer.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10