Author Topic: Update  (Read 4195 times)

Offline OleRed

• Oklahoma Boating Group
Update
« on: March 04, 2012, 10:01:11 AM »
What I been doing ... the Scimitar is getting close to a lake test with the 260hp motor, Alpha drive, tilt/trim system, and Yes .. the whale tail is coming off.  since I didn't get any serious prospects on the listing with several motor options, I decided to put it together this way and list it again, for a lot less money.
The Celebrity is coming together, new floor and substructure, filled with foam, re-built the motor, it's ready for carpet.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 04:43:57 PM by Hyperacme »
1980 23ft Scimitar

Offline Bayflite73

Re: Update
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 04:04:28 PM »
Now that's a good lookin' floor!
Josh Craig
'78 SSV-177
previously owned: '73 V-174 Bayflite

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 04:53:35 PM »
Is that (Celebrity) a customers boat ?
What's the asking price on the Scimitar now ?

Offline OleRed

• Oklahoma Boating Group
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 09:15:02 PM »
Hey Gregg
Me and my brother-in-law bought the celebrity for a winter project, it will be for sale soon, just needs the carpet put in, a little interior work and it's going on the market.

the Scimitar ... it's about ready to go to the lake, I'm planning on doing a lake test tomorrow evening, I serviced out the drive today, it's an Alpha drive, big rams, late model tilt/trim pump, put in a new impeller, a 20 pitch 4 blade Mach prop, hooked up the thunderbolt ignition, mounted the shift plate.  I done away with the old shift plate, with the reverse lock-out valve, mounted a later style behind the motor up on the transom box.  I haven't put a speedo pick-up on the transom yet, but I will have the gps tomorrow, kinda anxious to see how it does with this motor, I'm expecting 58 / 60 mph, we'll see ?

The gold boat has got to bring in $12,900 as it is now, with-out the Lowrance, surely it will do that !  if not ... I'll be listing the emerald mist boat, but that baby ain't gonna be cheap.
1980 23ft Scimitar

Offline wexrocks

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 10:02:55 PM »
hey Red!

260hp in Red's Gold... wide open is gonna feel like what was cruising speed before! I'm just givin' ya a hard time, I know you are trying to put together a turnkey package to move it along.

I'll ask you here rather than on the phone, in case anyone else is interested (and maybe I missed an update) but have you done anything performance wise with the emerald mist, or waiting until the gold boat goes to play with it?

can't help but ask this... since I have a built 383 stroker and an Alpha and Bravo drive sittin here, and a Scimitar that is a LONG way from being done... how much for Red's Gold with no drivetrain?  ;D if that's even a possibility, call me, we'll talk.

otherwise, good luck with finding a new home for it so you can move forward with the emerald mist, but I gotta be honest, I'll miss seeing new videos of the gold boat throwing rooster tails and roaring past the camera!  8)
'79 CVZ-19 "convertible" w/Evinrude 175
'81 Scimitar
'89 CSS-19

Offline OleRed

• Oklahoma Boating Group
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 10:36:19 PM »
can't help but ask this... since I have a built 383 stroker and an Alpha and Bravo drive sittin here, and a Scimitar that is a LONG way from being done... how much for Red's Gold with no drivetrain?   if that's even a possibility, call me, we'll talk.

Hey Steve,  I just can't afford to split it up,  I still have a balance to settle with Roger on the green one.

All I have done to that  is change out the exhaust manifolds, and service it out,  I still have some work to do on it before it's really ready to show off, around our bunch anyway, and the sale of the gold boat will help me determine where I'm going to start on the green one.  It's a beautiful boat as it is, but not show quality.

I can tell ya this .. what ever boat you decide to put that stroker in, I think suggest hooking it up to the Bravo drive.  After feeling the excelleration the stroker had in my scimitar, the torque, I feel like it's stretching the limits of the Gen II
1980 23ft Scimitar

Offline wexrocks

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 09:13:28 AM »
Yeah, I figured you wouldn't wanna split it up, just had to ask. Wasn't real excited about the idea of driving down to get it anyway! ;) I should see what this motor does in the CSS anyway, should be awful fast. I'm definately puting the Bravo in the Scimitar for the motor I'm buildin for that one, I'm just hoping the Alpha holds up in the CSS for a while, I'll just be gentle on acceleration.

I can't believe somebody wouldn't grab the gold one, it's all redone and better than new in some ways. For as many people that always say they wish they could find a nice one at a good price, I think it'd be perfect. If I could sell my Scimitar for what I paid, I think I'd be OKC bound and build a drivetrain later.

Let us know how she runs!
'79 CVZ-19 "convertible" w/Evinrude 175
'81 Scimitar
'89 CSS-19

Offline OleRed

• Oklahoma Boating Group
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 08:59:54 PM »
Got the lake test done this afternoon, the motor and drive run out perfectly, could use a little more prop though, it's turning 5000 rpm @ 58.7 mph, on the Lowrwnce, Barb took a picture of her gps at 58, I'd like to see it running that speed @ 4800 but that's cool.

Barb took some great video's, but they didn't load on my computer, then my computer deleted the card Grrr... I'll get some more in a few days ... that really Sucks,  but the boat comes out of the hole like a quarter horse out of the gates, still throws up a good rooster tail at trim limits, about 3 / 4ft  Looks Good.

I'll be putting new carpet tomorrow, a little cleaning up, and it's ready for the market, some body is going to get a Good Deal on a nice boat.

You were right Steve ... I am used to cruising at that speed, listening th the exhaust pipes, an economy cruise speed on it now is about 35mph in the primaries,  with a 21 pitch prop it would be doing 60mph wot, but it did real good, no complaints, I was impressed with the hole shot, real strong there.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 04:52:15 PM by Hyperacme »
1980 23ft Scimitar

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 09:26:41 PM »
Love the boat Red.

Are your lake levels coming back up?
1990 Sierra 1700

Offline OleRed

• Oklahoma Boating Group
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 09:27:57 PM »
Hi Doran,  looking at the marker today it's still about 6ft down.
1980 23ft Scimitar