Author Topic: Parting Out 1979 CVX-20  (Read 3670 times)

Offline rwells

Parting Out 1979 CVX-20
« on: June 14, 2018, 08:25:59 PM »
I listed this boat for sale about a year ago, I had a lot of responses but sadly the shipping from my location in Lake Havasu City, Az. Most of the shippers wanted more than what I was selling the boat for. So I am put into the position of having to part it out, I hate to have to do this but we are going to be making a move back to the midwest and I can't afford to take it with me, and I have no time to refurbish it.
The hull is solid and the motor is strong and ran good. It has been sitting, covered, for the past five years.
I will admit, I really don't know what the true value of these parts are, only what I've seen on the forums, ebay, and craigslist, so if you think I am way out of line make me an offer. I am stripping everything out of this boat and I will be adding more items in the near future.
 I will say this first, the past owner was obviously an idiot because they painted stripes on it and clear coated it.
Hood, good condition some stress cracks on the inside corners, but is sold, with emblems. $500.00
Console, latch has been replaced and it broken, no light, really good solid condition, $400.00
Gauges, all ohmed out good, some fading, but could be refurbished, working 65mph speedo too, $200.00
Bow Cap, some small scratches just polished, $75.00
Bow Light, very good condition, cleaned up nice, $75.00
Grab Handle, polished, repainted CVX-20 ready to install, $175.00
Side grab bars? polished out looks good, (pair) $175.00

I have the original throttle controls with the gold anodized knob, with cables, the and the original steering column, rack with cables, and the mooring cleats to remove over the weekend. They will be added asap.
After I remove the engine, I am going to drop the pan, change the oil pump, check everything, doa  compression check, clean repaint, and have running on a stand. I will make a video and put it on youtube. I will post a link. I will inspect the jet drive, but don't know if I will go any further than cleaning it up. I have many more pics, it's limiting me to four. Maybe I will have to start a new topic.
You can call me, but I would prefer a text at least at first. Ron 928-486-7726

Offline menace

Re: Parting Out 1979 CVX-20
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 03:12:19 AM »
Hi Ron,
Do you have the windshield and windshield support brackets available? Do you have the wood steering wheel?

Offline rwells

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 11:23:00 AM »
Sorry, those are the two things I don't have, the same idiot that painted stripes on this replaced the steering wheel with the chrome and foam sports car wheel and they took off the windshield, and lost the mounts. Thanks for the inquiry though.  Ron

Offline menace

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 08:09:55 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply and good luck with your sale.

Offline jackcvx20

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2018, 11:36:46 PM »
Hello...I'm looking for a Steering cable with the rack/Helm....do you still have this part?? Thanks, Jack