Author Topic: Mercury V135 WH-38 Carb rebuild instructions  (Read 1987 times)

Offline UKMike

• Glastron Carlson CVX16
Mercury V135 WH-38 Carb rebuild instructions
« on: May 14, 2019, 04:02:24 PM »
Hi all,

Hope you are all well?

Can I ask if anyone knows where I can get the full instructions to rebuild my carbs, including the long needles. They are twin bowl carbs Mercury 1382-7563A13 A14 & A15

I can't find full instructions anywhere, I know how to do all but the needles which look like they need to be heated out and back in, but as they are so delicate I don't want to ruin my carbs as they are all NLA and went that way in 1996 :(

Best
Mike
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 04:04:45 PM by UKMike »

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
Re: Mercury V135 WH-38 Carb rebuild instructions
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 05:12:35 PM »
The repair manual I have didn't have anything on them.

Parts ..
https://www.crowleymarine.com/mercury-outboard/parts/515_100.cfm

Offline UKMike

• Glastron Carlson CVX16
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 06:29:54 PM »
Hey Gregg,

Hope all is good with you and thanks, yes I have searched and searched but can't find anything, which is strange as the come in the full repair kit. I just wanted to make the engine run like new, or as best that I can make it and I thought that the full carb kit would make a real difference, although I can't find the instructions... Grrrr

I'm even thinking of buying all NOS Carbs, just because I can't find the instructions...

Might give Bill a call at Maxrules as he's a Mastertek with Merc. Although it's more annoying that this info is just not out on the web?

Did you get the work done from the shop on the hull?

Best
Mike.

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 07:07:06 PM »
No .. Going to do it myself.
Should be starting on it latter this week.
Wife's yard stuff come first !

Maybe try one of the Facebook Merc groups ?

Offline UKMike

• Glastron Carlson CVX16
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2019, 07:20:56 PM »
Good idea, and thanks.

I sorted out that crack I had too as they looked at it and said, it's Ok just a small hairline crack! Which was wrong, and I dremeled it out all the way along and used a west systems repair kit, it did the job perfectly and I managed to take her out 4 weeks ago, only for an hour but I gave her a reall full challenge, hit 72MPH with the new latest prop and new lower unit, she absolutely flew and no fractures along the previous fracture line. I bounced her around like I've never done before, I thought, "if I'm going to die anytime soon, today is the day to do it" so I really maxed her out. I was totally shocked at how strong the repair was.

It's made me want to do the whole hull again now in the closed season and I feel I can do the glass and wood work for around $800. Then there is the Flek work and gell coating, so another $1700 so all in all not really a bad cost for another 5-7 years of fun out on the ocean.

Hope you get yours sorted soon Gregg.

Best
Mike
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 07:22:57 PM by UKMike »

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2019, 08:49:57 PM »
Fixing fiberglass isn't hard .. just hate the grinding .. LOL
WOW ! 72 mph .. That flyin' !