Author Topic: Car Guys, What is this  (Read 7837 times)

bojified

Re: Car Guys, What is this
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2012, 08:33:37 PM »
I have been following this site for years and I think I have only posted a couple of times. Odd that I chime in on old Chrysler's. I owned a 1951 Chysler Windsor sedan that I picked up in high school. At that point the engine was partially apart and in the trunk. I did free it up and got it running fine. It had the electric shift "fluid Drive"---auto with a clutch pedal. The original seats were royal blue broadcloth that had been covered when bought new at Asher Motors in Spencer Iowa with Chrysler "Plastic like" "Highlander" covers so the originals were pristine. Clearly the one in the picture is as you say a 1950 as in 1951 there was a makeover to the front end and it was somewhat "simplified" including no elevated ornamate and much lower forward hood bulge. I stupidly sold it in the 1980's in central Iowa and 5 years ago sold my 1961 Chrysler Windsor 4 dr Hardtop.
However I still have a couple of old CHrysler history books.
Thanks for the trip down memory lane....my wife and I dated in those cars and there is nothing that rode finer and boy did they have big back seats.
 ;)
Scot
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 08:38:37 PM by bojified »

Offline Jerry

Re: Car Guys, What is this
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2012, 11:17:18 PM »
That Hy-Drive was a POS. you could leave it in high and use it like an automatic, but had no power.
Thanks for jumping in. I had a 50 Plymouth in High school. They did have a really nice back seat
'72 Glastron GT160 Sport - Okie-Dokie
'63 Winner - Grandpa's Fisn-Bote
'63 Glasspar SeaFair Sunliner - Mischief Maker