Author Topic: Iowa Tool List  (Read 5044 times)

Offline kert0307

Iowa Tool List
« on: September 20, 2012, 12:28:48 PM »
I thought it might be a good thing to have a list going of what specialty tools you have that you would be willing to loan out or help fellow members with for working on their boats. I thought this would be the correct spot in the forum to place a list for Iowa members since it might be a little impractical to be shipping tools around and this section is more localized to Iowa.

I have:
Mercruiser shop manual covers pre alpha and before 4cyl up to big v8's detailed enough that it even has tolerances for rebuilding engines.

Mercruiser engine alignment tool. Should be used to realign the motor to the drive anytime you pull the motor out

Mercruiser reverse housing "socket" - used to take off the nut in the lower unit to pull it apart for resealing or more involved rebuilding

A "customized" long puller for pulling the reverse gear housing out of the lower unit after the nut is off from the socket.

I prefer not to "loan" them out, but I will travel with them and give you a hand on your project, or my garage is open as well.

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
Re: Iowa Tool List
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 12:32:33 PM »
I have:

Merc Engine Alignment tool

Homemade Gimbal bearing press & puller, which is way easier then using a slide hammer

Clymer's Mercruiser Book

« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 12:37:38 PM by dorelse »
1990 Sierra 1700