General Category > General Discussion

Starting work on the CV-16ss

(1/2) > >>

76bayflite:
Cleans up alright, I'm not giving up on the flake yet probably trying some more wet sanding tomorrow.  Got the motor to turn over, wont fire for me yet.  The floor came out with little more than a pair of gloves and a claw hammer.  I personally like my "stand" better than chris's, I kept it original.

CVX Fever:
Way to dig into her Shaun! That should keep you busy for awhile. If you can get the gelcote looking good with a little wet-sanding/compound buffing that's a big plus. So are your plans to have it on the water by next summer?

76bayflite:
That's the plan, I really keep brett favring on the engine.  Outboard, mercruiser, jet, I might just save the money and keep what I have.  That is if I get it running well, we'll see.

Hyperacme:
Is the transom bad ?
If so theres always a 140 HP MerCruiser with pre Alpha on CL for cheap ... Well nothings cheap any more.
That drive ( Volvo ) is with out tilt and trim ?
Would also look sweet with a BIG Johnson !

HA ... I'm fence postin' worse then you Sean ... LOL

CVX Fever:
Sean that would be great if you could get the Volvo drive unit working. With the twin carbs and chrome valve cover it would look nice under the engine cover all cleaned up w/fresh coat of paint. Besides once you run a sterndrive you might forget all about OB's! ;) 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version