General Category > Classified / Wanted to Buy

WTB 228 Valve Covers

(1/4) > >>

ccgQrs12:
Looking for a super clean set of valve covers (with labels) for a Merc 228 (305).

Anybody?

Thx,
Curtis
Santa Rosa, Ca.

Hyperacme:
Welcome to the CGOAMN ccgQrs12 !
Sorry no help with valve covers ...
Have you looked on eBay ?

ccgQrs12:
Greg, thanks for the greeting; I bought my first Glastron CVX several years ago and my CVX18 just last May.  Great to make your acquaintance.

Yes, I've been looking for a while and missed a NOS pair back in July complete with labels the bid just went way to high ($350) but now I'm kind of thinking I should have bought them.

My "18" is such a sweet all original boat and I have a think for "original"; the gentleman I bought it from had replaced the original with a pair of chrome valve covers problem is you have to take the breather pipe off of them to put oil in it. 

Anyways, something will turn up, eventually.

You lead a great group of folks and I hope one day to meet you; maybe fly up for one of the "meets"; maybe even talk someone out of a nice cvx20 jet :) 

Thanks again for taking the time to post me.

Best,
Curtis

Jason:
Welcome!

You should be able to find a decent used pair...even with the wrong decals on them and get new decals printed. Wouldn't be hard to clean up an old used valve cover set and paint them. That's what I would do.

Are you around the twin cities?

CVX Fever:
Welcome Curtis,

The good thing is your looking for a MerCruiser part, not something specific to a Glastron Carlson. So they shouldn't be too hard to find. Your CVX18 looks familiar!....LOL

I saw your post over on the national sight. If you haven't solved your problem with the burn't out indicator light for your bilge blower(I think) just PM me. I should have spare that you can have.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version