General Category > General Discussion

Requesting shipping help from anyone in New England or New York area

<< < (4/5) > >>

Plugcheck:
So leave the trailer attached and just idle it across the lake/border?   When i build a trailer here(Nebraska) I register it by lengths, axles, and weight, and they provide the VIN.    Surely there must be some other recourse?   

chuckie:
I am trying to talk the guy into going to get a VIN put on it and offered to pay for it. I see that as my only alternative. The process will be really easy with that.

Plugcheck:
Found this article on off shore.com. About bringing in a boat from Canada.   Really boils down to "who" is crossing with it.   Im curious, wouldn't the boat and trailer be of us manufacture?     Not sure its an option but maybe bring an unloaded licensed trailer to pick up boat?  I thought about taking a tandem across and putting the boat/trailer on it, but fairly certain that wouldn't fly either.   Anyway here is the link

https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/340315-buying-boat-canada-bringing-usa-i-learned-quite-bit.html

thewillets:
In Minnesota you can a license a homemade trailer with a permanent license without having the trailer at the DMV. You could license it bring the sticker across the border and slap it on the trailer and you have a license trailer.

Glastronjohn18:
Crossed the border into Canada  today and then the US let me back in. Sent you a PM.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version