Author Topic: 1979 Midwest industry trailer help  (Read 1369 times)

Offline JThomas36

1979 Midwest industry trailer help
« on: August 29, 2022, 07:24:31 PM »
I don't have a Glastron trailer but I have a Nice 1979 Midwest industries SS19 trailer that I got with my CVX 18.  It needs some TLC with new Bunks and Rollers. It's a pretty heavy duty trailer and I think it's worth fixing up.  Just having trouble finding parts.   Apparently shorelander bought Midwest right around then and stopped supporting the stuff older than 2000 some time ago.   The trailer has a Godsberg lift at the rear of the trailer that has a cammed 18" roller on a long shaft.   It appears that you rotate the levered handle and the Cam roller lifts the rear of the boat off the Bunks..  Not exactly sure how to use it since my Roller doesn't Roll on the shaft any longer.   The trailer also Tilts.  Not sure why or what the benefit of that might be.   If anyone knows theses trailers and has any insight please let me know.  I can replace the keel rollers easy enough but the Godsberg Roller has me stumped on where to find such a thing.   Any help or insight from the group is always appreciated, JT
JT
80 CVX 18
California Special

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
Re: 1979 Midwest industry trailer help
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2022, 08:21:41 PM »
That's interesting .. Gets (boat) weight off bunks for shallow launch's ?
Maybe try here ..

https://www.easternmarine.com/

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
Re: 1979 Midwest industry trailer help
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2022, 09:46:25 AM »
Pretty sure they're still in business, could you just ask them?

1990 Sierra 1700