Author Topic: Maggie's minivan  (Read 19852 times)

Offline still_fishin

• Donate members
Re: Maggie's minivan
« Reply #120 on: June 17, 2020, 12:43:48 PM »
When you forget to subtract the transom thickness from your motor mount pads you get to scramble the morning you have the boat shop dropping the motor in.  Once the engine was seated,  rear bolts in,  i took a quick look around and noticed the rear bolt hole on one motor mount pad was off the pad towards the stern....... Yay.......i had Greg yank the engine back out after i took a few measurements and off i went looking for a fab shop to build some offset brackets.  I went home to pick up my spare motor mounts,  went to Runnings for hardware,  found a shop- Fab1 and offered him enough money to make them as i waited.  Twenty minutes later i was installing them on the engine.  The engine is in and fires right up. 

I was also finally able to get some measurements for the kind of room i had for the flame arrestor.  I was actually surprised how little i have to work with.  Looks like a custom sloped arrestor in the boat's future. 

Lastly the Westland covers cover showed up the other day.  It fits good so far. I won't really know till I get the bow rail on and the fiberglass bows ordered and installed. 

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

'80 Intimidator
'85 CV23

Offline still_fishin

• Donate members
« Reply #121 on: July 06, 2020, 02:25:40 PM »
Last week Friday Maggie helped put the bow rail on the boat stealing all the rebuilding glory.  I'm fine with it. That was pretty much the last thing to install to get it back looking correct.  Saturday was the first time on the water with the boat.  I stayed away from the main channels of the Mississippi in the event we had issues.  We also launched only a few miles from our destination out  in lake pepin just in case this boat wanted to act the same as every other time we used it.  The only issue we had was when the secondaries came online the engine would fall on its face.  It wouldn't die but would bog as long as you were in the extra 2 barrels. I wasn't going to trouble shoot that with the kids in the boat so we just stayed in the primaries and cruised in the low 30's. I remember way back to when i bought my cvx18 that had a similar issue.  It ended up being the secondary rods were too big. I'm sure it's something easy. Earlier today i also cut down the bows i bought from Rockford supply to help support the cover.  Im very happy with the final product. 

'80 Intimidator
'85 CV23

Offline Terry_Curran

• Donate members
« Reply #122 on: July 07, 2020, 07:23:40 AM »
I think I have an extra set of secondary metering rods that I replaced in my deck boat. I ordered new ones from jegs or summit don’t remember which one. I can check for the metering rods in a few days as they’re out where I store my boat.

Online Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #123 on: July 07, 2020, 09:30:51 AM »
Great to see ya got her back on the water !

Offline still_fishin

• Donate members
« Reply #124 on: July 07, 2020, 11:30:12 AM »
I think I have an extra set of secondary metering rods that I replaced in my deck boat. I ordered new ones from jegs or summit don’t remember which one. I can check for the metering rods in a few days as they’re out where I store my boat.
I have a few different sets.  I just need to see what is in it currently. Thanks though. 

'80 Intimidator
'85 CV23

Offline still_fishin

• Donate members
« Reply #125 on: July 20, 2020, 11:24:47 AM »
I went down to 0.0397 long tip metering rods and a .545 hanger and had better results. I have some secondaries now just not all of them. I have a few more options as far as has hanger/ rod combos to try.  I pretty sure im headed in the right direction based on the added fuel results so far. 

Hey Joe.......i found it. Dicks marine if you need to know.  The kids and i went down to Winona on Saturday to meet up with most my brothers families along with my dad and saw it on our way back to the launch. I spotted another Glastron hibernating....

Im currently working on two different options for a ladder on the 23. One being an original just needing 4 new mounting fittings which have been offered,  the other is a ladder off a cvx20 ski machine i intended on using on my Intimidator.  I like the clean lines of the cvx20 ladder as compared to the og 23 option.  One thing im concerned about in regards to the 20 last is if it will be deep enough deployed.  There ladder only folds down around 12 inches from the top of the swim platform.  My goal is to make it easier on my knee since surgery and safer for Maggie and the kids.  Im going to try to add another step to the 20 ladder.  Ideally the ladder will accordion down and the foot print will be no larger then the original 20 ladder.  Two 7/8" stainless hinged 60 degree tees and a short piece of 7/8 stainless tubing is all the material i should need.  I know a very skilled welder that can handle the stainless if i can't bend the tube where i want it. Ive found a short radius bender online that says it can handle soft stainless.  Is 304 soft enough? If it can't be bent ill just pie cut the corners. To keep the step from swinging under the boat while you board i was planning on notching the tee fittings and welding a stop to the top step.  Here is what I'm thinking.

'80 Intimidator
'85 CV23