Author Topic: May get another boat and part with my cvx 16 ss  (Read 1593 times)

Offline demian5

• Work hard and use your vacation days...
May get another boat and part with my cvx 16 ss
« on: July 22, 2020, 11:59:29 AM »
My wife and I are discussing getting a different boat with an open bow and larger, something like a 21' ultra I/O. I may be selling our boat. Ill continue to work and get things sorted out since that how I am (replace steering rack and cable, new seat structures and replace bunks on trailer).

I'm sure many have seen the progress on it since we got it, just about everything has been gone through except the internals of the outdrive itself, but it needs a floor.

What are these worth if anything? Has the original; trailer with CVX16 stamped into it. If its not a whole lot, I may just pass it on to my 20 year old son that's very mechanically inclined and has shown interest in boating (or do I not want to burden him with this).

Thanks!

Knowing what I would have been doing to the boat at this point, I would have redone the floor at the purchase...
1979 Glastron Carlson CVX 16 SS I/O Mercruiser 140 "Brick House"

Offline demian5

• Work hard and use your vacation days...
Re: May get another boat and part with my cvx 16 ss
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2020, 12:12:57 PM »
Took it to the lower colorado river in AZ this weekend and it was perfect!
1979 Glastron Carlson CVX 16 SS I/O Mercruiser 140 "Brick House"

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2020, 01:13:47 PM »
Heck Ya !  Give it to your son !

Offline thedeuceman

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 10:02:30 AM »
My wife and I are discussing getting a different boat with an open bow and larger, something like a 21' ultra I/O. I may be selling our boat. Ill continue to work and get things sorted out since that how I am (replace steering rack and cable, new seat structures and replace bunks on trailer).

I'm sure many have seen the progress on it since we got it, just about everything has been gone through except the internals of the outdrive itself, but it needs a floor.

What are these worth if anything? Has the original; trailer with CVX16 stamped into it. If its not a whole lot, I may just pass it on to my 20 year old son that's very mechanically inclined and has shown interest in boating (or do I not want to burden him with this).

Thanks!

Knowing what I would have been doing to the boat at this point, I would have redone the floor at the purchase...
they are great boats, and yers looks nice, with a great trailer.
hard to say what its worth, all depends on the market, there are a lot of CVX's out there so its not really rare, just really cool.
i say keep it in the family :D
Joe
75 GT150 "SeaDeuced"... Its Back !!
92 16CSS "Attitude Adjustment" is for sale
75 CV-16V8, Project
74 CV-16... its Purple !

Offline wpstarling

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2020, 10:29:27 AM »
As someone whose father owned a CV16 that I tried finding after he sold it, I say keep it in the family.  If he doesn't want it I'll drive over and get it  ;D ;D

Seriously though, when he's older he'll appreciate it.
1972 Glastron-Carlson CV16

Offline Plugcheck

• Donate members
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2020, 12:36:08 PM »
I sold my 16 SS for $2700 because I just had to have a V8.  If I had the room though or a family member, I would have kept it   great boat, easy on fuel and maintenance.  I think alphas live forever on a four cylinder.
Michael
1979 CVZ-18 388 CI Vortec Mouse
1980 CVX-16SS 140 Mercruiser
1979 CVX-16 Johnson 175
2002 Bennington 2275CC 90 Mercury
1985 Intimidator project
1989 Lowe 200 Redneck fishin Toon
2001 Godfrey Sweetwater pontoon 115 Rude