Author Topic: Feedback for 2016  (Read 19203 times)

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
Re: Feedback for 2016
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2015, 11:26:55 PM »
Thanks Bob!

Yeah, I think our new home, with a few tweaks is going to work out great!
1990 Sierra 1700

Offline rmorit01

• Donate members
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2015, 08:28:38 PM »
Hope we made you and your friend feel welcome Bob.

There was a time table for event on the forum, but we need to get it up on a white board in common area.

Yes we felt welcome and knew to look for Doran with questions.

Wanted to say that the timetable helped a bunch and I had a print out with me to help guide things along.

Again, it was a great meet and run very smoothly.

Thanks again - Bob

Offline Glastronjohn18

• project in progress
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2015, 03:05:21 PM »
    What a GREAT EVENT. Betty and I had a fantastic time even without a boat. We are hoping to convert some boating members of the family to Glastron and bring them along next year. Most of my observations have already been mentioned but I'll list a few from the eyes of a first timer.

1. Event signage, greeting tent/table with sign in book. Upon arriving friday I wasn't sure where to go, just assumed the marina was a good place to start. I had Mike's (Plugcheck) phone number so I wasn't totally lost. Some type of event sign , doesn't have to be fancy, would help to identify a central gathering place. There you could sign the book that was talked about. Even to direct non participants to the Great looking boats.
2.White Board... Great idea. I had the schedule that was posted on the forum but with a board changes and/ or additions could be posted.  ie.. I didn't know about the safety meeting Sat.  Betty would have liked the dinner cruise the girls went on.
3.  Campfire. Didn't have a problem finding the fire but it would be nice to have it away from other's tent site.
4. Stayed at the hotel so I have no comments on the camping/Rv site. Accommodations were excellent. The Restaurants were great. We ate at the buffet Fri. $22.00 for the both of us. The Steak house was pricey but the food was excellent. Perkins in Red Wing had a good breakfast special.
5. Stairs or an improved walkway from the parking lot to the campsite/ gathering area. It was a little hard walking down that stoney slope. Ask Gregg he knows. :)
6. Group photo.. Another great idea for next year.
7. Group meal.. I like the grilling idea. Catering not so much.
8.We will be back next year.
John
'80 CVX 18 - Survivor Class
'78 CVX 18
'76 V 225 -   Bal Harbor
'80 V195XL
'86 CVX 18- And '86 Makes 3

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2015, 03:33:50 PM »
Thanks John! 
1990 Sierra 1700

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2015, 03:43:55 PM »
Thanks for your input John ...
Added stairs to wish/must have list on page one of this thread.

Offline tom76

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2015, 09:44:53 PM »
Liked TI facilities and prefer them to Island Campground.  Launch was easy for a Sat. day tripper, parking wasn't a problem and it was a little shorter trip from Mpls.  Enjoyed going north to Kinni Park.  Nice sand beach and that great, cool water flowing out of the Kinni river.  Enjoyed all the boats and visiting with nice folks.  I've attended 5 of these meets with no bad weather.  We lucked out on weather again!  Looking forward to next year

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2015, 07:44:47 AM »
Thanks for posting Tom.
Yep ... We have been lucky weather wise, been nice for every event.

Offline Mrs.TheDeuceMan

• Donate members
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2015, 02:09:17 PM »
I liked the "more official" boat parade that was done in the previous location.  Great chance to get lots of good pictures, etc. and to get everybody moving at approximately the same time.  I was thinking that maybe it could be in Prescott in the no-wake zone, and maybe even notify ... the local paper or whatever they have there, to let people know when it's happening.  I've had several of my friends see the pics on facebook and comment they'd really like to see the parade.

I liked the idea of the "gals get together" , but would have been fine with gathering around a picnic table at specific time.  The boat ride was nice, food was good... but ends up being one more thing to pay for.  Hey, maybe by then I'll be expert at wine making and can bring lots with ;-)  Appreciated folks brave enough to try the hard limeade.  :-)

Also, regarding group pictures, chances are... on the beach at T.I. before departing on Saturday morning would be easiest way to get the most people in the picture.  Same with the boats, would be really cool to have 'em all in a line.  The area we were in at Kinicknicknicinick...(whatever)... was great, but couldn't get one big picture there... too spread out I guess.  (Notice many of my comments relate to pictures, lol).  Vance's overhead shots were really cool ... wondering if it's possible to get stills from that?

Regarding a central gathering area, it makes a big difference for me if there are lights.  "I can't hear you in the dark".  strange but true.  Joe had battery powered string lights, they helped alot.  Now if I can just get everyone to wear a set around their neck (to illuminate mouth while speaking).  I don't ask for much. ;-)

At any rate, it was an awesome weekend... I'm still tired.  lol
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 02:12:59 PM by Mrs.TheDeuceMan »
1990 Glastron Futura V249

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2015, 02:30:07 PM »
If we can get power turned on at beach outlet, and I beleave we can next year ... Trust me Joe ...
We can set up welcome / gathering area by fence that separated camp area from beach and have lights, not sure if there was a camp fire ring over there though ?

Good idea about parade thru Prescott "No Wake", in years past Dave called Red Wing news paper and we got a small write up.

It will be hard to get every one for a group picture on Sat. , with late arrival and every thing going on ... But your right ... It would be the best time to do it.   Maybe post ahead of time on the forum and do it right after the Sat. morning briefing ...

Can't remember which wine I tried .. But it was very good ! 

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2015, 02:34:37 PM »
I think the Prescott parade will be difficult...are the fast boats going to wait around for the slower boats to catch up?  We're talking about what? 10-12 miles of some boats going 50, while others are 25-30...so the parade will be a trickle of boats unless the fastest boats want to idle in circles until the rest catch up.

Agree is probably a great place to do it though...coordination & cooperation would be key.

Island Campground was always nice (in this one regard) because it was at the start...
1990 Sierra 1700

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2015, 03:20:54 PM »
btw, there is a fire pit where we parked the trailers...right about where Jeff had his at.  You can thank Vance's fly-over videos for being able to spot it, lol.
1990 Sierra 1700

Offline Rosscoe

« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2015, 07:55:31 PM »
btw, there is a fire pit where we parked the trailers...right about where Jeff had his at.  You can thank Vance's fly-over videos for being able to spot it, lol.

Sounds ideal for the group area.
Ross
61 Surflite 1964 90HP Johnson project
67 V163 Bayflite Super Sport  1989 100HP Merc
67 V164 Bayflite 120HP
67 V174 Crestflite Rat Rod
71 V175 Crestflite 350ci -Jet
73 GT 160
84 CVX 17  83 115 Merc
88 CVX-23 350 Mag

Offline Easthaven

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2015, 06:43:22 PM »
Set up a pay pal account for the groups next meet? That way we can contribute without taking up too much valuable cargo space in our vehicles. Oh! The skeeters! I'm bringing citronella torches and stands next year! I will be camping out and may, or may not, have the rest of the bears. Citronella tiki torches... Are they allowed!!!?
Adam Stevenson
1979 cvx18
1956 v156
1965 16' fibercraft
If you like something, get 2 of it!

Offline Easthaven

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2015, 06:55:27 PM »
And we had a great time! Thank you to all that made this happen! I'm sure our boat will be ready! Got a check in the mail the other day for $2600 from DUI case the boat involved in last year. I spoke with a guy, I forgot his name, and he mentioned making a LARGE single serve (weekend) "grill" to grill and cook hog on... I've got 30 20lb bags of charcoal I'd be happy to toss sum $ in a paypal acct and bring charcoal, the landscape timbers and grates fer it. What about "smoke wood"? Are they offering that?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 04:58:13 PM by Easthaven »
Adam Stevenson
1979 cvx18
1956 v156
1965 16' fibercraft
If you like something, get 2 of it!

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2015, 07:11:11 PM »
Glad to hear you guys had a good time and was nice to meet you and your family.
YEP ! Skeeters were bad !   Must have had 50 bites per foot/ankle ...

We are still trying to figure out the best thing to do for a Sat. night group meal ...