Author Topic: Hey Dan !  (Read 2501 times)

Offline OleRed

• Oklahoma Boating Group
Hey Dan !
« on: May 20, 2012, 10:52:08 PM »
I don't think I'll have my new seat covers sewn up before Rathbun ... not with all the other work.

Ain't none of my business, but I been thinking ... you have been doing a Lot of running around putting the Rathbun thing together, and I'm knowing you've spent some of your own money doing that, because I've hosted a few shows myself, and I Never came out ahead, and I also know that not all the businesses follow through with their word to chip in ... like I said, ain't none of my business ... but if you got a PayPal account I'd like to chip in a few bucks to help you see this Rathbun event come's off with-out costing you any money, and your time is worth something ... I get $45 an hour for mine, well ... sometimes.

Here's a link to the last show I hosted ... I think ?
http://www.olered.com/Okcobra_VI.html
1980 23ft Scimitar

Offline Burnin Daylight

Re: Hey Dan !
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 09:16:47 AM »
your time is worth something ... I get $45 an hour for mine, well ... sometimes.

Oh!  I must be way underpaying.  LOL
1981 INTIMIDATOR  "BURNIN DAYLIGHT"
1984 CV23  "HOT KNOTS"

Offline WetRaider

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 09:41:51 AM »
Red -

I appreciate the offer.  Setting this up has been a good lesson.  I've never organized something like this before ... and you're right, it's a shame when a local business will pledge to sponsor your event/activity and not follow through.  Hopefully over the next couple years I can make this event into something the commercial industries are coming to me to sponsor ... or maybe I'm just high on resin.  I am looking forward to seeing how this one goes so I know where my efforts need to strengthen for next year's.

When I mentioned not getting seat covers sewn up because of the other work, I was primarily referring to the structural rebuild on Wet Raider.  When I started this project, it was suppose to be some tabbing reinforcement at the transom and cosmetic repairs.  As you can see, it turned out that I had a boat re-built for sale.  There was just as much liquid nails in this thing as there was resin.  I could pull the PO's tabbing out in an eerily similar way to pulling a good duct tape off the roll.  I've resined the underside of my floor and have those getting ready to drop down.  Stringers are in - now it's time to glass this transom in. 

All of that said ... if you wish to contribute anything, I will accept with humble gratitude.  My paypal account is dan.oconnor@daniel-ia.com

Thank you.
If you didn't get wet, you didn't have fun ~ WetRaider

Dan O'Connor
1979 GT 150 / 1976 Mercury 1150

Offline OleRed

• Oklahoma Boating Group
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 10:57:57 AM »
All of that said ... if you wish to contribute anything, I will accept with humble gratitude.

Check your email Dan,  just a token of appreciation for what you are doing up there so we can all have a good time.
1980 23ft Scimitar

Offline OleRed

• Oklahoma Boating Group
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 10:58:57 AM »
Oh!  I must be way underpaying.  LOL

Hey Barb ... people like you get special rates because it's a pleasure working with them, especially when they bring their own tools  "tool purse"  and contribute some good help.
1980 23ft Scimitar

Offline WetRaider

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 12:00:34 PM »
Thank you, Red.  E-mail & token have been received.  I don't see how we can't have fun ... we've got big water & a group of Glastrons ... :-)

If you didn't get wet, you didn't have fun ~ WetRaider

Dan O'Connor
1979 GT 150 / 1976 Mercury 1150

Offline V153

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 06:05:02 PM »
I'll be there in spirit y'all. Wish I could make it but work keeps rolling in. Ain't been this busy in 3 or 4 years and I'm makin hay while the sun shines. Cuz I ain't goin through what I went through a few yrs ago ever again. I had 11K in my business acct & a purty good credit rating when the phone stopped ringing. But I digress.

Hey just got off the phone with Terry Curran and he told me he had a blast with you guys last year. (Don't tell him that.) Ah well have fun'n be safe'n have one on me. 
'81 C500_given away, bought back_75.1 mph
'81 Baja 15SS_140 Frankenrude_66.7 mph
'70 something SpeedCraft_(Allison 16R Clone)_69.0 mph
'79 CVZ19_given away
'71 V153_54.8 mph_wrecked

WALK TALL AND CARRY A BIG BILGE PUMP