Author Topic: Need help finding exhaust tips...  (Read 1918 times)

Offline wexrocks

Need help finding exhaust tips...
« on: May 22, 2012, 09:48:49 PM »
As always, my searches lead me in circles with no positive results... not sure why it always seems to go that way. Anyway, I need 4" tips with 30 degree offset mounting flanges. Any help would be very much appreciated! Straight cut tips would be great, no need to be long or fancy, just with a 30 degree flange to fit a 4" hose.
'79 CVZ-19 "convertible" w/Evinrude 175
'81 Scimitar
'89 CSS-19

Offline wexrocks

Re: Need help finding exhaust tips...
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 08:44:30 PM »
Well I had found a source for tips with 30 degree angled flanges, saved the link to my desktop, and now it crapped out. Talked to Keith Eikert Offshore Performance today, they will custom make them for $150 each, which is not completely outrageous I suppose. But I'll keep looking... and, try to fix my desktop. Sheesh!
'81 Scimitar
'89 CSS-19

Offline OleRed

• Oklahoma Boating Group
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 09:47:31 PM »
Hey Steve, have you concidered making your own, and polishing them out.  I got two 4" aluminum 90degree elbows from
turbosales@velocityair.cc

cut them to the angle I needed to complete the 4" exhaust  on "Reds Gold"
the pipes were about $70 and my buddy at the prop shop welded them up .

1980 23ft Scimitar

Offline wexrocks

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 09:14:33 AM »
Hey Red!
Thanks for the input. I had a set made up to go from my Gil tails back to the transom, but what I need now are the thru hull tips. And with the boat shaped how it is, I need the mounting flanges angled at 30 degrees. I found a site that had them with no prices listed, so I saved the site, but my desktop crashed and now I can't find them again. I am just trying to avoid paying for custom ones, but may not have a choice.
'81 Scimitar
'89 CSS-19