Author Topic: I'm gonna have to stay home too.  (Read 1749 times)

Offline Burnin Daylight

I'm gonna have to stay home too.
« on: May 30, 2012, 08:24:15 AM »
I dont think I got as much damage in last nights storm as Red did, no windows broken out, but I know the roof has got to be toast.  My old Suzuki Samurai soft top is probably toast also, and I can't tell much about the F350 one ton because it's black and raining/storming again this morning. Hot Knots is sitting in the street covered up, but I think she is probably alright.  The Mustang and Toyota pickup were inside so they are safe.  My yard is carpeted with leaves and all the trees and landscape looks like it took a beating.  Weather man says it's coming at us again tonight with predicted baseball size hail and up to 80 mph winds. 
I have been looking forward to this meet all winter, but I guess I need to stay home and take care of business and try to protect my personal property.  I'm sure it's going to be a long hold time to get through to the insurance company today.  My girlfriend that was going to come with me is an insurance claims manager and she is definitely going to be working the weekend, so that would put me in Rathbun by myself with a 23 ft boat that I haven't handle much.  You guys would be in trouble.
Everyone have fun and take a lot of pictures.  I'm jealous that I can't be there. Guess I'll unpack all the stuff I've piled up in my spare room and put it away.
1981 INTIMIDATOR  "BURNIN DAYLIGHT"
1984 CV23  "HOT KNOTS"

Offline Bayflite73

Re: I'm gonna have to stay home too.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 11:03:06 AM »
That sucks Barb. You will be greatly missed.

Good luck with your clean up and best wishes that things wont be as bad as they could be.

All the best,

Josh
Josh Craig
'78 SSV-177
previously owned: '73 V-174 Bayflite

Offline Jerry

Re: I'm gonna have to stay home too.
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 11:54:51 AM »
Life is what happens when you're making plans for something else. My 68 Impala needs a paint job, and I can't get it to hail here. We will all be ready for next year.
'72 Glastron GT160 Sport - Okie-Dokie
'63 Winner - Grandpa's Fisn-Bote
'63 Glasspar SeaFair Sunliner - Mischief Maker