Author Topic: Interior parts  (Read 3242 times)

Offline melinprov

Interior parts
« on: November 23, 2018, 10:08:13 AM »
so the snow is flying here and I wanted to work in the garage on the boat, but I'm just not as motivated as I was last year. I have been ordering parts and what not for the boat so as soon as I do feel it again I can jump on it. It will be at least 4 months for better weather and some times 6 months before the snow stops. I picked up a new rub rail, wood and cushions for a rear split bench seat that I'm building. A marine stereo system and some various replacement parts for the dash-which will be more like a Conroy's dash than the V 179s- and these sweet wise bucket seats. I found some marine vinyl which I will use for the seats and the gunnel and misc. trim parts. I'm lucky that where I work in a large parts warehouse.... often scraps material that I can use and I have been collecting that also. I'm thinking about using matt on the floor but if I cant get it I will go with carpet--so the outside appearance of the boat will be stock but the interior- I am modifying for my needs as a general purpose weekend fishing and camping boat. I can only imagine that the urge will overcome my sanity and I will be dressed like the Michelin man again soon.

Offline Plugcheck

• Donate members
Re: Interior parts
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 06:00:21 PM »
A seat like that would work nicely, but the riser is a bit too tall.  As for floor in your interior, if play and fishing is the goal, maybe a gelcoat with friction material would work best.  Use some snap in carpet for nicer occasions? 
Michael
1979 CVZ-18 388 CI Vortec Mouse
1980 CVX-16SS 140 Mercruiser
1979 CVX-16 Johnson 175
2002 Bennington 2275CC 90 Mercury
1985 Intimidator project
1989 Lowe 200 Redneck fishin Toon
2001 Godfrey Sweetwater pontoon 115 Rude

Offline melinprov

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 01:15:28 PM »
Thanks for your input Plug check, I did measure the seat before purchase- and it fits nicely. After I received them I went out and rechecked it. The bolster is a little bit tight to where I want it but its OK.On the lowest setting it only goes above the steering wheel by about 1 or 2 inches. I thought about the gel coat with a sand or awlgrip but I like the matting also. I can get a nice color with the matting or carpet that matches the rest of the planned paint job and upholstery. I have looked at the snap in stuff and really like that too. I may run the carpet or matt down the center and just do the awlgrip on the sides and back as you say.

Offline melinprov

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 10:29:01 AM »
Still snow flying but I have been ordering parts and tools. I have received LED lights for the inside of the boat under the gunnels and a 6 gang black rocker switch assembly with blue LEDs also for the new dash and a staple/nail air gun for the tack up of the rear bench seats and the upholstery- with some stainless nails and staples. I also got a locker to go into my passenger side glove box for valuables. I did end up finding a nice matching color vinyl textured matting for the floor and did have to order samples of marine vinyl for the upholstery and bench seats as I don't have enough to do the job on hand. I'm also trying to pick out some paint and primer-I plan on tipping and rolling come summer. I have not been able to find the stock bow sprite as of yet but have located a rubber one that I may get. I do have the stereo system and speakers and the seats and lots of foam and whatnot for the upholstery. I also picked up a plumbing snake because I think I may have blocked one of the drainage tubes when I put the expansion foam in last Summer. The last thing I did on the boat was sanding and doing a mock up for the bench seats in order to measure the space I have in back. Its been a warmish 20 degrees during the day but it was -47 up the canyon behind my house and I still just don't want to work in it. I really wish I had a heated garage. I have not even looked at the engine yet like I wanted to, it is safely winterized and in a stable protected place for the winter. I may end up getting new gauges but I want to see if the old ones all still work first. Cant wait for Spring.

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 11:36:53 AM »
Keep pluggin' away !
What is a "stock bow sprite" ?

Offline Plugcheck

• Donate members
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2019, 11:43:37 AM »
Maybe it's similar to a bow 7-up?   Noticing the trailer, my guess is he needs a bow stop.
Michael
1979 CVZ-18 388 CI Vortec Mouse
1980 CVX-16SS 140 Mercruiser
1979 CVX-16 Johnson 175
2002 Bennington 2275CC 90 Mercury
1985 Intimidator project
1989 Lowe 200 Redneck fishin Toon
2001 Godfrey Sweetwater pontoon 115 Rude

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2019, 11:56:29 AM »
LOL …
OK that make sense ..
Thought he was referring to aluminum bow cap.

Offline melinprov

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2019, 01:01:23 PM »
Ha....sorry, I am referring to the front aluminum cap. I need stuff for the trailer too though!

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2019, 08:39:48 PM »
Check with American Runabouts / http://forum.cgoamn.com/index.php?topic=7978.0
They have quite a few models and styles

Offline melinprov

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2019, 05:16:59 PM »
Thank you, I did send a message today!

Offline melinprov

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2019, 06:36:02 AM »
update, I am buying a bow cap that this forum led me to-Thank you!