Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Classified / Wanted to Buy / Re: Lookin for a CV 19
« Last post by Hyperacme on Today at 11:30:10 AM »
Not sure if it sold or is still for sale ...

http://forum.cgoamn.com/index.php?topic=7372.msg108432#msg108432
« Last post by Hyperacme on Today at 09:45:24 AM »
This one comes up "For Sale" on Craigslist often ... Not listed on CL now ... Might be back in spring ...

1973 Glastron GT / Fairfield, Texas / $7,995
https://www.smartmarineguide.com/L50200398

General Discussion / Re: Stringer removal
« Last post by Plugcheck on Today at 09:37:42 AM »
Just a suggestion, but from what I see from the pictures, you may want to try cutting just the top cap over the stringers and pull the stringers out whole.  This saves a tremendous amount of materials, which saves time and money.  It looks like you have enough cut out to grab onto the stringers and with some prying, they should release from the original tabbing.  Your new stringers will get two coats of resin with acetone to protect them.  I use 100%, then 50%. So 12 oz resin with 12 oz acetone first coat.  Then 12 oz resin with 6 oz acetone.  The acetone allows the resin to penetrate the wood fibers deeper. 
« Last post by 75starflight on Today at 09:14:35 AM »
That dash damage is normal and is very repairable. I recommend removing the dash and storing in a warm place.

If you want an original fuel tank I may have one laying around that is solid, but needs to be lined. I I'll have to look to see if I still have it.
« Last post by Whitesoxfan on Today at 09:02:20 AM »
purchase did not happen

Would like to buy one

Classified / Wanted to Buy / Re: GCOTD
« Last post by Hyperacme on February 17, 2018, 10:34:59 PM »
16' Glastron Gt (Berkley
https://southcoast.craigslist.org/boa/d/16-glastron-gt/6500335980.html

16' Glastron GT good condition. No time for project not sure if motor runs. Boat motor and trailer best reasonable offer. Text only please.
« Last post by Hyperacme on February 17, 2018, 10:31:20 PM »
17ft glastron with 140hp johnson - $5000 (Maple ridge
https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/pml/boa/d/17ft-glastron-with-140hp/6495457708.html

17 ft glastron swiftsure with 140hp johnson outboard fully serviced and winterised at the end of last season in great running shape. Always either stored in garage or shelter tent.
Lots of recent maintenence done including newer engine not in pics
Comes with fish finder and full sterio with 6x9s and amp sounds great
Fun and verry fast resposive boat love this thing but got a new boat must sell this season. Lake driven only since i had it.
« Last post by Hyperacme on February 17, 2018, 10:27:59 PM »
1972 Glastron CV16 - $2000 (Bristol NH)
https://nh.craigslist.org/boa/d/1972-glastron-cv16/6499152901.html

Win a piece of James Bond history!!!
1972 Glastron Carlson CV16 with a 1978 Mercury Tower of Power 1150 115 HP outboard.
CV16 is the upgraded larger model from the classic James Bond GT150.
Engine was tuned up with new plugs, and carb floats by the local marina this summer and ran like a top this season! Pulls skiers and tubes great with the 19" stainless prop, change it out and hit 45+ with the 21" aluminum prop.
Brand new white vynl seats, cushions, and interior panels.
Lights, power trim, steering, all engine controls functioning. Good condition galvanized trailer with bearing buddies.
The boat could use new floors and some fiberglass finish work. It would make an excellent winter project for a guy wanting to finally boat like their favorite childhood secret agent!
« Last post by melinprov on February 17, 2018, 05:57:36 PM »
So once again thank you for all the tips and info, I ended up using many tools-a small dremel and dremel mini saw as well as a saws all ( really like that one! ) a grinder and a oscillating tool-seems like each one had its special area it was better at than the other, this is how far I got today but winters coming back so inside the garage I go again to wait for good days. I found more water up front and I found the gas leak, it was in the filler hose and a small leak in the tank, I may replace the tank with a same size plastic tank if I can not patch it. The dash cracked even more today but so far it is contained to the sides but it seems very brittle. I do like the idea of re-enforcing it but I also would like to add some carbon fiber in the outside front depression around the gauges for cosmetics. I am torn though because I plan to add some yellow gold metal flake to the swoops and was hoping to do the same on the dash. Using these tools to take out the front really gave me some good experience and confidence to take on the stringers and get them out in one piece
Members Profiles / Introductions / Re: Let's get to know each other...
« Last post by dorelse on February 17, 2018, 01:06:44 PM »
looks great!  welcome!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10