Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Stringers
« Last post by nes-cv23 on Today at 06:24:29 AM »
Everything looks like a glastron just different.. I think itís the Canada version.. and I donít see any reason to change it to the 3 stringers, the 4 stringers might be a little stronger.. and the foam transon boxís are a triangle instead of a box.       Letís see some better pictures of the top.. this it what my 76 gt looked like when I started. 
« Last post by cliff150 on August 13, 2018, 11:31:55 PM »
Hi the stringers have being replace and the floor and stringers join to the transom even to the floor.

cliff
Minnesota Western Wisconsin Events / Meets / Re: Roll call 2018 meet
« Last post by TV27 on August 13, 2018, 08:47:06 PM »
I will be at Muddy waters for lunch but I have to run back to my shop afterwards. Toni and I sold our house in River Falls but I still have 3 or 5 boats to get done and out so the new owners can move in. I will also be at the Kinni on Saturday and back to TI at night for the gathering.
General Discussion / Re: Merc 135 v6 1986 Oil sensor
« Last post by aquamaniac on August 13, 2018, 06:13:14 PM »
Mike,

If the plastic gear on the crankshaft is damaged, those broken plastic pieces are inside the engine. Even if you decide to remove the oil injection you should tear into the powerhead to clean out the debris.

Weren't you going to "rebuild" this engine?

I believe that if you remove the oil pump drive shaft you can inspect the worm gear on the crankshaft for damage.
Members Profiles / Introductions / Re: Hello from Lake of the Woods
« Last post by dszczucinski on August 13, 2018, 05:02:13 PM »
We have twins! Just picked up our Vagabond a couple months ago :-) You don't happen to have the camper bimini you'd sell separately do ya?
Classified / Wanted to Buy / Re: 1986 Glastron Carlson CVX 18
« Last post by still_fishin on August 13, 2018, 04:30:58 PM »
Price change........$9000.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

« Last post by Hyperacme on August 13, 2018, 04:02:57 PM »
Did you already replace stringers, they look to be in good shape.
As long as there in good shape and attached to transom ya should be good with 3 or 4.
My CV16 only has one down the center.

1972 and older (In USA) will not have the serial number embossed into stern.
They would have a plate on dash, back by transom/splash well or on control board where throttle control bolts to.
Under stern / splash well area, there might be a small piece of paper with serial number glassed in, on bottom were red circle is.
Nebraska Events / Meets / Re: 2018 Mo River Run
« Last post by Plugcheck on August 13, 2018, 04:01:21 PM »
Just a bump and a heads up, September 8th is just around the corner for the annual Glastron Mo River Run.   We meet at NP Dodge park, just north of Omaha Nebraska, head up north to Cottonwood Marina near Blair Nebraska for lunch, then float back at least some of the way back to NP Dodge.  Its only a day trip event, but camping and lodging is available for those interested.  NP Dodge usually offers camping, but this spring's flooding forced the campgrounds closure.  Not certain, but it might be open by the 8th, I kinda doubt it, but you could call and ask.  We try to launch at 10:00 am, hopefully everyone is ready to head north about 10:30-10:45.  If memory serves me correctly I think its about 26 river miles.   I am generally in no hurry, maybe do 30-35mph so the group stays fairly together.    Fuel is available at both locations.   
General Discussion / Re: '89 Glastron Carlson 23CSS Project and Repair
« Last post by RedOctober89 on August 13, 2018, 02:39:15 PM »
So it's been a long time since I posted last, summer is super busy and haven't had much time working on the boat  :(
Was able to get the stringers cut and the wax coating removed and I'm ready to glass them in.

I have also done a little experiment with a small chunk of the left over LVL (laminated veneer lumber). From research and others opinions online there has been warning about the glue in them not holding up to moisture, so I took a chunk and threw it in a bucket of water and left it for the better part of 2 months.
Well the wood soaked up the water, as most wood/plywood would. But the glue is still firmly holding it all together. I cannot break it apart by hand. So i feel pretty comfortable in the decision with the LVL. It'll be a good strong hull, along with sealing everything up well and keeping it dry I'm sure it'll last a long time.

Few pics on them below.
« Last post by cliff150 on August 13, 2018, 02:00:21 PM »
Hi ok ill do that and ill let you know if there  serial number on right side of stern.

Thank you very much for ur help cliff
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10