Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Merc 90 i6 help
« Last post by Hyperacme on Today at 01:35:54 PM »
Most bolts broke off on (#20 in diagram) exhaust manifold cover.
General Discussion / Re: Timi time
« Last post by still_fishin on Today at 01:14:06 PM »
I removed the same product from my intimidator.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

« Last post by Retro Performance on Today at 09:36:55 AM »
Does this engine have a one piece block? In other words the cylinders are part of the block and the water jacket bolts on to allow cooling water to flow around cylinders? If that is true than water can only enter cylinder if a hole or crack exists in the block? Is number three the only one with water? Are you seeing water on the spark plug or evidence of steam cleaning on the piston? Would it  be possible for the water to be coming in thru a leaking exhaust plate gasket or maybe damage to the exhaust cover/plate from corrosion? I think you can pull the exhaust cover without removing the powerhead but like Hyper said, be ready for bolt issues.
« Last post by 75starflight on December 09, 2017, 10:44:57 PM »
Phoenix has that hard layer. I opted to repair it rather than remove it do to the hardness of the product used.
« Last post by Plugcheck on December 09, 2017, 09:52:33 PM »
That sounds like the product I'm dealing with, seems to be harder and more sense than most fillers.  Maybe an early version of seacast?  Sounds like the consensus is to remove it.  I have a couple of ideas, I'll post some pics tomorrow with what worked best.  Odd, my CVZ had no such product, 79 vrs 85 the difference?  Supposed to be 55 degrees, hoping to hotsy out the hull and prep for moving it to the repair cradle.
« Last post by Hyperacme on December 09, 2017, 07:56:51 PM »
Friend of mine had a lot of problem with bolts breaking off, while trying to dissemble his I6 Merc used in salt water.

« Last post by Plugcheck on December 09, 2017, 07:54:55 PM »
If the engine turns, that is a good sign.  Some fogging oil or similiar to displace any moisture.  Tim (Makinwaves) had a TOP 115 that had the same issue, several months went by and when it came time to work on it, it was locked up from corrosion in the cylinder.  Just trying to help you avoid a bigger issue.
« Last post by Hyperacme on December 09, 2017, 07:49:41 PM »
My CV had it also, resin G/C used to bond/glue wood to hull ?
Also had it on deck where splash well attached to transom wood.
Jim ground out some or most of it on hull, how much I'm not sure ...
Seemed to squish out sides of where wood butted up against hull ( picture RPXO4 ).
« Last post by thedeuceman on December 09, 2017, 06:41:54 PM »
I found that on the GT and the balharbor. On the GT I prob could have left it, on the balharbor it was chipping out. From the pix I would grind it out, but it is vary hard, unlike normal body filler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
« Last post by carlsoncvx18 on December 09, 2017, 06:22:01 PM »
When Kip and I did his we removed all the filler.

Used a rivet gun with a chisel bit, made quick work of the removal.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10