Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Merc 90 i6 help
« Last post by Hyperacme on December 09, 2017, 07:56:51 PM »
Friend of mine had a lot of problem with bolts breaking off, while trying to dissemble his I6 Merc used in salt water.

« Last post by Plugcheck on December 09, 2017, 07:54:55 PM »
If the engine turns, that is a good sign.  Some fogging oil or similiar to displace any moisture.  Tim (Makinwaves) had a TOP 115 that had the same issue, several months went by and when it came time to work on it, it was locked up from corrosion in the cylinder.  Just trying to help you avoid a bigger issue.
General Discussion / Re: Timi time
« Last post by Hyperacme on December 09, 2017, 07:49:41 PM »
My CV had it also, resin G/C used to bond/glue wood to hull ?
Also had it on deck where splash well attached to transom wood.
Jim ground out some or most of it on hull, how much I'm not sure ...
Seemed to squish out sides of where wood butted up against hull ( picture RPXO4 ).
« Last post by thedeuceman on December 09, 2017, 06:41:54 PM »
I found that on the GT and the balharbor. On the GT I prob could have left it, on the balharbor it was chipping out. From the pix I would grind it out, but it is vary hard, unlike normal body filler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
« Last post by carlsoncvx18 on December 09, 2017, 06:22:01 PM »
When Kip and I did his we removed all the filler.

Used a rivet gun with a chisel bit, made quick work of the removal.
« Last post by pyro225 on December 09, 2017, 05:37:51 PM »
Also if the cylinder is corroded what can you do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last post by Plugcheck on December 09, 2017, 05:19:25 PM »
So I got back into town and decided to do some final grinding before cleaning and putting in new stringers, transom, and floor.  The transom had some remnants of wood stuck to it, so I thought I'd hit it with the large grinder.  Took the wood off quickly, but revealed a considerable thickness of what appears to be body filler.  Looks to be 3/8" thick.  Body fillers really have no structural strength, and this application has cracks all over it.   Question for the GC faithful, would you remove this and bond the transom wood to glass with peanut butter, epoxy, or some other type of adhesive.  Or would you leave what's there in place?  Have to admit it's a nice flat surface.
Classified / Wanted to Buy / Re: GCOTD
« Last post by Hyperacme on December 09, 2017, 02:18:06 PM »
1985 Glastron V-162 175hp Johnson V6 Seahorse outboard  / $1,500.00

I understand it is not boat, boat buying season but here it goes.
I have a 1985 16.5ft Glastron v-162 futura
In 1985 it originally came with a 85hp evinrude outboard.
When I bought the boat there was no motor. Since I bought the boat I gave rebuilt the floor completely, remade the 2 front seats completely (blue leather). The floor is still wood as it is now winter and ran out of time to fiberglass the floor. I currently have 40ft of fiberglass blanket in a box waiting to be resined in.
The transom was rebuild last year from the hull up. I since then have a 1985 175hp Johnson V6 Seahorse outboard.
Has 2 brand new coil packs ($300)
Motor has full fire in all 6 cylinders.
THE MOTOR DOES RUN. I tested it on a friend's starter off of his. Outboard. No I can't show you running as his boat is winterized now but I can show you spark Only thing the motor needs is a starter ($270) from new York shipped
The boat it self is very solid. Only needs the electric trim controls and a evinrude throttle. It has a throttle and gear selector now but is not evinrude.
The boat has old style able steering.
I removed the teleflex Becuase it was missing pieces.
Over view
1985 Glastron v-162 futura
1985 Johnson 175hp V6 Seahorse outboard
New floor (with fiber glass)
New transom
No trailer (but can deliver for nagotional price)
Needs:
Starter
Throttle controls
Power trim controls
Wiring uncobbled (but all there)
Trailer (but can deliver if discussed)
ALSO INTERESTED IN TRADES. FOURWHEELERS, SIDEBYSIDE, DIRT BIKE, STREET BIKE, ANOTHER BOAT,
Please call or text
Classified / Wanted to Buy / Re: GCOTD
« Last post by Hyperacme on December 09, 2017, 02:13:20 PM »
16ft Speedboat with trailer / $2,500.00
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-powerboat-motorboat/dartmouth/16ft-speedboat-with-trailer/1319264534?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

For sale is a vintage Glastron GT150 speed boat (yes the same model as in the James Bond film). Boat has weather cover as shown.
Mounted on back is a 1969 105HP Chrysler 4 cyl 2 stroke outboard in great running condition. All bearings, seals and impeller were replaced in bottom end early summer.
Starts easily every time and purrs great at idle. Motor screams along with no issues at all at WOT. Can be shown running on muffs.
Trailer is in great shape, but is not registered. Looking to sell this before the snow flies.
2500obo
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10