Author Topic: Mature Content - Interesting E-mail  (Read 14903 times)

Offline CVX Fever

Re: Mature Content - Interesting E-mail
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2010, 01:36:20 PM »
What a knucklehead! ;D I agree with the others that he had the CGOAMN site confused with CGOA. Wonder if he's ever heard of Google? ::)
1979 CVX18 "Back in Black"....someday!
1985 CVX18 " Only thing better than 2 CVX18's is 2 girlfriends!

Offline Glastron_GT160

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2010, 06:58:10 PM »
None of it adds up ...
I think he had trouble with the CGOA site and some how emailed you.
Chris (glastronGT-160) if you got some free time could you dig around in your logs for him ?
Thanks...

Yup, I did review the logs before my last post and like you, we don't have any unactivated users with those credentials.  Both Jason and I keep a pretty close eye on the registrations, given the history of spammers.  We have had surprsingly little issues with registrations over time; essentially none.

Quote from: Jerry
Brian, he's talking about the CGOA sight. I haven't been there in years, for the same reasons.

Like you I was extremely frustrated in the old forums immediately after the 'crash' from the old software (as Gregg when you see him).  While Jason and I do not own the CGOA site, we have been given full authority to keep the forums running smoothly in ALL aspects and I like to think we do a respectable job.  I'm sorry to hear that you haven't 'been there in years'.  Some of the references I've read make it seem like we run a ship thats 'too tight', but in reality we are as laid back as this forum.  Hope to see you over there sometime!

Sincerely,

Chris
Glastron_GT160
CGOA Forum Moderator

Offline ChfBrianB

• Brian Bergstrom
    • CGOAMN Homepage
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2010, 08:21:09 PM »
Chris,
I can say that I am personally quite grateful for your efforts on THe CGOA site.  It's nice to know that there is a team in place that cares about what is happeneing there.  I feel like we have a good relationship between the CGOA and the CGOAMN and am happy that we have you in place over there!

Thanks for all you do!
Brian
1975 V-173 (The Gravy Boat)
1976 CV-16SS (Greener Grass)
1977 CVX-20 Deluxe (Silver Fox)
1976 V-195
1986 CV-23
1977 T-166XL Sportster (Plan B)
1977 CVX-16

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2010, 08:26:48 PM »
Chris ...
What Brian said !

Offline OleRed

• Oklahoma Boating Group
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2010, 08:44:20 PM »
Yep 
1980 23ft Scimitar

Offline Jerry

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2010, 08:58:32 PM »
Sorry Chris. It's not you it's Todd. Tell me he has nothing to do with it I'll be back.
'72 Glastron GT160 Sport - Okie-Dokie
'63 Winner - Grandpa's Fisn-Bote
'63 Glasspar SeaFair Sunliner - Mischief Maker

Offline V153

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2010, 09:59:49 PM »
For what it's worth things on CGOA aren't as 'strict' as they used to be. They've loosened up quite a bit. If yer subtle ya can still talk about beer & poontang ...?

In my opinion it does our Glastron Carlson cause a great disservice to 'boycott' a related site based on anything. Particularly politics or religion. There are a lot of good people over on GCOA. And we can all benefit from each others expertise.

Trust me. If someone as foul-mouthed & perverted as I can survive on CGOA? We all can! Give it a shot?
'81 C500_given away, bought back_75.1 mph
'81 Baja 15SS_140 Frankenrude_66.7 mph
'70 something SpeedCraft_(Allison 16R Clone)_69.0 mph
'79 CVZ19_given away
'71 V153_54.8 mph_wrecked

WALK TALL AND CARRY A BIG BILGE PUMP

Offline MarkS

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2010, 04:40:04 AM »
Being fairly new to both sites, (just after the first of this year) I was kinda puzzled about the comments concerning the CGOA site.  Since I've been around, I haven't had anything but GOOD things to say about the job Jason and Chris are doing over there.  I don't know anything about what happened in the past, I try to speak of personal experience only.  Seems to be a great bunch of folks with a common interest, lots of useful info and advise there too!  Just my two cents................ ;)
Mark
1978 SSV-176

Offline ChfBrianB

• Brian Bergstrom
    • CGOAMN Homepage
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2010, 09:23:08 AM »
Being fairly new to both sites, (just after the first of this year) I was kinda puzzled about the comments concerning the CGOA site.  Since I've been around, I haven't had anything but GOOD things to say about the job Jason and Chris are doing over there.  I don't know anything about what happened in the past, I try to speak of personal experience only.  Seems to be a great bunch of folks with a common interest, lots of useful info and advise there too!  Just my two cents................ ;)

The simple answer is that there was some frustration when the owner of the site made a server change.  It changed the format of the forum as many people had been used to for several years, and there was a good deal of old posts, information, and pictures that were lost.  It was an unfortunate situation that they have learned from over there.

Running these boards and sites commonly are like being in politics.  It's hard to make everyone happy all the time, and when you make a mistake, it tends to stay with you for a long time.  The people over at the CGOA site are the same quality people that we have here.  They have simply gone through a rough patch with the leadership over there, and hopefully they have come out stronger (but smaller) as a group.

My goal is to continue to unite people with like interests in a healthy and safe environment.  The guys involved with the CGOA have the same goals, and I'm proud to support them.
Brian
1975 V-173 (The Gravy Boat)
1976 CV-16SS (Greener Grass)
1977 CVX-20 Deluxe (Silver Fox)
1976 V-195
1986 CV-23
1977 T-166XL Sportster (Plan B)
1977 CVX-16

Offline Curtis_CVX20

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2010, 10:19:44 AM »
I agree with the others. You should forget about this guy.
As far as the other site I simple got tired of not having my user name work and repeatedly changing it. Since the change to the latest format I just didn?t bother sign up again. Although I haven?t had much time to post anything lately on any site.
I understand people?s frustrations with the CGOA. There have been many issues including thins like ownership of pictures posted to using beer references. None of which bothered me that much (okay maybe the picture thing a little). The only issue I have had with Todd was related to a boat sale and had nothing to do with the site.
I feel a little more at home at this site as the people involved are close enough for me to come to a meet.
I think you guys should forget about this and have fun next weekend. Take lots of pictures for me.
Curtis

P.S. I cant complain about the main page too much as my boat was the picture on the home page for half a year back in 2003.

Offline Laine73GT160

« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2010, 02:07:22 PM »
Brian
Your group of people and your website are the best.  I came to the group with a positive attitude, and all the members openly shared there knowledge and resources.  I was not even a member.  I just officially joined a few weeks ago.  You as Administrator, the club, and the website all have my respect and support.
Laine

Shorty_GT-150

« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2010, 03:23:50 PM »
What the crap!? Are you people serious!?
I'm with the jerk, and I feel there are way too many good resources and good people here!
You really need to shut this down and accomodate him... oh wait, and me....

??? ??? ???

HAHAHAHAHAAAA

feel me? feel me tho?

HAHAHAAAA

Wow, seriously tho, what a clown.

This site rocks, and Brian rocks for having made it happen in the first place.

There's idiots all over the place.... really no different to meet em online than it is in person.....

Other than the fact that online they hide behind their keyboards.

Boooooooooooooo

Offline Hotwired

• The Ship
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2010, 03:46:55 PM »
I was at a friends funeral the other day and someone asked me "don't the viewings creep you out?" ... I said "no ... the dead don't bother me, it's the living the scare the @#$% out of me."
.. it is what it is ... and that is how it should be!
Miss Mayberry - 1964 Saberflite
The Ship - 1979 CV-27
Canon Ball Eyes - 1976 CV-16ssV8
Da ProJect Bote - 1977 CV-23
It Is What It Is...... CVX20

Offline V153

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2010, 05:54:59 PM »
The simple answer is that there was some frustration when the owner of the site made a server change.  It changed the format of the forum as many people had been used to for several years, and there was a good deal of old posts, information, and pictures that were lost.  It was an unfortunate situation that they have learned from over there.

I think what stung people most was the lack of warning. Then the lack of legitimate explanation or mebbe even some sort of apology afterward. SO much 'data' was lost! Service & repair advice, drawings/diagrams. Pictures of resto's from guys that are no longer with us, etc. A catastrophy! It makes me want to cry. Seriously.

But what're ya gonna do. Hold a grudge? Forever?! Sorry but that's about as dumb as "hating" tri-hulls ...

'81 C500_given away, bought back_75.1 mph
'81 Baja 15SS_140 Frankenrude_66.7 mph
'70 something SpeedCraft_(Allison 16R Clone)_69.0 mph
'79 CVZ19_given away
'71 V153_54.8 mph_wrecked

WALK TALL AND CARRY A BIG BILGE PUMP