Author Topic: Hatch screws  (Read 58356 times)

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
Re: Hatch screws
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2011, 10:26:17 AM »
I'm in for 1 set.
1990 Sierra 1700

Offline Gotesh

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2011, 02:05:46 PM »
Count me in for 1 set.

Offline Shrom CVX-18

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2011, 07:16:05 PM »
Alright guys. I decided that I am going to go through with this. I just talked to CVX Fever on the phone he is going to be sending me a original screw for me to make up and new print to go by. Also to have one in hand for us to look at as they are made. Keep in mind I work as a machinist at this shop and will be right there in the shop while they are being ran. So I personally will be making sure they look good as our lathe guy runs them.
 One thing I want to point out again that I pointed out before. They will not have the slot on the top, mainly because that would be a hole other step on a milling machine and would make the cost more.(who really uses that slot anyway?) Without the slot all the work will be done on the lathe in one program. If you absolutely would want the slot on the top talk to me and I can do that on my time for a extra price. So with in the next few weeks I will be getting a new print made and hopefully get the order in to my boss. I will keep updating on this forum so keep checking in. I can not at this point tell you when they will be done by. I will not know that till i give him the go ahead and set a date for him to have a done.

Please let me know if you want a set, if you haven't already sense the price was listed.( It will help me keep reminding that ppl will buy these and I wont be stuck with them) ???
79 CVX-18 "Lowrider"

Offline catchnedge

• Donate members
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2011, 07:37:48 PM »
Shrom, thanks for doing this!  Not sure how expensive these will be, but if they are not too bad in cost, may want to consider having a few extra made for down the road, as some club members aquire the boats that need them... (like possibly me :))... just a thought. 

Just FYI...  Not trying to steal thread, but your topic got me thinking about it again, just to let everyone know... I just recently had a batch of steering wheel inserts made... you know the thin aluminum (original are wafer thin aluminum)ones with three holes, that are missing on many of the plastic Glastron steering wheels from the early 70s-80's boats (I think those are the years anyway).  Well, I had an original from my old GT-150 and I had a big batch made using thin stainless.  I just haven't had the time to get pictures and advertise them yet.  I plan on doing that in the next week.  I will sell them at my cost... more details to follow.   I will advertise them here first!
Mark
'62 Surflite 153 Hardtop, '63 Evinrude Lark III--"Gator 62"
'74 CV-16 Outboard, '86 Merc 90ELPTO--"Green Light"
'97 Pro-Line 202 Sportsman, '06 Yamaha 150hp--"At Ease"

Offline MarkS

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2011, 07:44:58 PM »
I'll take three of the steering wheel inserts Mark, just let me know when and how much.   ;)  Once again, sorry for thread jumping Shrom.
Mark
1978 SSV-176

Offline Shrom CVX-18

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2011, 08:08:31 PM »
Shrom, thanks for doing this!  Not sure how expensive these will be, but if they are not too bad in cost, may want to consider having a few extra made for down the road, as some club members aquire the boats that need them... (like possibly me :))... just a thought. 

Just FYI...  Not trying to steal thread, but your topic got me thinking about it again, just to let everyone know... I just recently had a batch of steering wheel inserts made... you know the thin aluminum (original are wafer thin aluminum)ones with three holes, that are missing on many of the plastic Glastron steering wheels from the early 70s-80's boats (I think those are the years anyway).  Well, I had an original from my old GT-150 and I had a big batch made using thin stainless.  I just haven't had the time to get pictures and advertise them yet.  I plan on doing that in the next week.  I will sell them at my cost... more details to follow.   I will advertise them here first!

Take a look back through the thread. More info is there. but the cost is $40 a set.(two screws)
79 CVX-18 "Lowrider"

Offline catchnedge

• Donate members
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2011, 08:16:15 PM »
gotcha, just didn't look closely... yea, not easy to make many extra of those.  That's not a bad price for a good quality set though.  My inserts were much cheaper to produce, so I was able to make a bunch... I just wasn't thinking, a lot of work is going into these screws.  Thanks again.

Mark, will do...
Mark
'62 Surflite 153 Hardtop, '63 Evinrude Lark III--"Gator 62"
'74 CV-16 Outboard, '86 Merc 90ELPTO--"Green Light"
'97 Pro-Line 202 Sportsman, '06 Yamaha 150hp--"At Ease"

Offline Burnin Daylight

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2011, 05:11:19 PM »
Shrom count me in for a couple sets.  Been outta town for the week.
1981 INTIMIDATOR  "BURNIN DAYLIGHT"
1984 CV23  "HOT KNOTS"

Offline Shrom CVX-18

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2011, 07:23:52 PM »
Shrom count me in for a couple sets.  Been outta town for the week.

OK sounds good Burnin Daylight Thanks...( I feel like I should know every ones names, but I don't sorry :-/)
I mentioned to my boss today that I was going to have him do the job once I have a revised print made up and have the original screw to go off of. He told me he is glad to do it for us. One thing that He did say, that I wont all of you guys to know is that our shop is pretty busy and these won't get done till probably month of May. So Once I have these made up I will post pictures and get back to everyone. So I can start taking orders and get them shipped out.

I will keep everyone updated through this forum as I get stuff done like New print, and when give the official order in to my boss.
79 CVX-18 "Lowrider"

Offline Shrom CVX-18

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2011, 07:45:46 AM »
The Original hatch screw arrived in the mail yesterday, thanks to CVX Fever. He was so nice to lend it to me. This week I will make up a new print and put in the order to my boss by next week hopefully.

Thanks again CVX Fever for being so kind to do this!!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 07:13:46 PM by Shrom CVX-18 »
79 CVX-18 "Lowrider"

Offline Burnin Daylight

« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2011, 04:25:43 PM »
Thanks from me too.
1984 CV23  "HOT KNOTS"

Offline Shrom CVX-18

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2011, 07:13:15 PM »
hey just wanted to update you guys/girls. I got the new print done last night and will be giving it to my boss this week. I hope that he can get them done sooner then May. But just plan for now not to see them anytime before then. Maybe he will put it higher on the stack of prints for me sense I have been giving him a lot of overtime the past month.  ;D

While we are waiting for these to be done, I would like to ask everyone that will be purchasing a set, to PM me your real Name/handle on this site. This will allow me to make a list up and have it all ready when the screws are done. This is simple to help me out on time. If you could include your address that would be great too. If you do not want to give that out till later that is fine also.
79 CVX-18 "Lowrider"

Offline Shrom CVX-18

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2011, 07:06:02 PM »
Forgot to add, Please in the personal message if you are purchasing more then one set. Make sure you tell me that in the PM. Otherwise I will assume you only want one set.

Payment methods will figured out when the time comes. I prefer Paypal if you have it.
79 CVX-18 "Lowrider"

Offline Shrom CVX-18

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2011, 11:22:31 AM »
Boss told me today that he is going to try and run the hatch screws next week. A lot soon then expected  ;)
79 CVX-18 "Lowrider"

Offline Shrom CVX-18

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2011, 06:31:27 PM »
Just an update for those who are purchasing and for those who are interested but not sure yet.  We ordered in the material and had to order more inserts for doing the threads. Once they come in we should be running the screws off. I am sorry this is taking so long. I guess better late then never. right? Anyhow I am enjoying this process, I feel as if I am making new friends on here because of it. Never thought i would have friends in MN.
79 CVX-18 "Lowrider"

Offline Burnin Daylight

« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2011, 02:01:37 PM »
Hey Shrom, OleRed and I are in Oklahoma and I never knew anyone from PA.
1984 CV23  "HOT KNOTS"

Offline CVX Fever

« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2011, 04:17:54 PM »
Hey Shrom everyone is just glad your making these available. No one thinks it's taking too long. As Doug would say, carry on! ;D
1979 CVX18 "Back in Black"....someday!
1985 CVX18 " Only thing better than 2 CVX18's is 2 girlfriends!

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2011, 04:21:18 PM »
Yeah, I mean, the MN boys are going to be flooded for a while and I'm in no hurry, so don't sweat it.
1990 Sierra 1700

Offline Shrom CVX-18

« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2011, 04:32:08 PM »
Thanks guys. I'm just the type of person that like to see something done as soon as possible. :) So I guess it just feels like it is taking to long to me...
79 CVX-18 "Lowrider"

Offline Shrom CVX-18

« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2011, 03:57:29 PM »
We started running the parts at the end of the day today! So I should have pictures of them and up for sale by the end of the week. Some of you might have noticed that originals are kinda loose screwing into the receivers.  These new screws I am making are a nicer more positive fit. Still loose enough to screw in by hand, but should be tight enough to hopefully solve the problem of them loosening up from vibration! I will keep you guys posted. It this point I think it is safe to say that by this weekend they will be done.
79 CVX-18 "Lowrider"