Author Topic: Shipping Brandon's cabosil  (Read 5277 times)

Offline thedeuceman

• Administrator
Shipping Brandon's cabosil
« on: September 19, 2012, 03:15:15 PM »
Laure (my wife, who is awesome BTW) works from home, therefore runs many errands for me during the day while im at work so i have more time to do cool stuff at home.
As of late its been working on these boat projects.
anyway the shipping of a box of cabosil to Brandon kinda went awry, i let her tell the story.

from Laurie
A funny thing happened on my trip to the Post Office…

Last week, my husband asked me to take a package to the Post Office.  He had arranged with another Glastron fellow to send some fiberglass stuff via the Post Office.  He was in a rush to pack it up, and neither of us realized that he had grabbed a “flat rate” postal box to ship it in.

I arrived at the Post Office and waited in line until it was my turn.  Apparently it was the busy time of day, because there was a long line of people the whole time I was in there.

The (only) Postal Worker picked up the box and said… it’s going to cost $11.something to ship this box.

I asked why?  It doesn’t weigh hardly anything!  He said, because it’s in a flat rate box.   It would only cost $6.something if it were in a Priority Box.

I said, That’s GREAT, because I WANT to ship it Priority mail.  He said, you can’t… because it’s in a flat rate box.  I asked, can’t we just cover the words with tape?  He said, NO!  He told me to go and get a different box, and that I could come to the front of the line when I was ready.

GRR!

So, I got out of line, went to the back corner of the Post Office where they keep the boxes, and proceeded to cut open the box.

I had sent a text message to my husband asking if I could open/repack the stuff into a different box.   He suggested that I just tape over the words “flat rate”… I said, the guy won’t let me do that.  I asked:  Can’t I just repack it into a different box?

Unfortunately, they didn’t have any priority boxes, (only had flat rate and express boxes).  Thoroughly annoyed… I marched back up to the front of the line and asked the guy where the boxes were.  He proceeds to spend a bunch of time explaining to me that he’s the only person working there and that he can’t help me… that he thought there were boxes, but he must need to get them from the back and he can’t do that because he’s the only person working, blab la bla… the people in line are all annoyed that I’m slowing down the process.  I said, IT’S NOT MY FAULT YOU DON’T HAVE BOXES HERE!  You are supposed to have free Priority boxes available!

Finally, he goes to the back and a few minutes later comes out with a red box that looks is decorated like it has wrapping paper already on it.  I said, Can I use this box to ship priority?  He said, YES!

My husband texts:   call me.   I said… NO.  (I’m hearing impaired, and did NOT want to be in the crowded Post Office trying to talk on speakerphone!)   So the whole episode happened via text messages.

Me:  What is in the package?
Him:  there’s a kitchen bag in there full of fine white powder
Me:  Ha!
Him:  Be really careful
Me:  U R Serious!
Him:  it will make a mess if you cut the bag
Me:  Are you trying to get me arrested?
Him:  (complaining about having to text so much)
Me:  Majorly pissed off here!
Him:  Just don’t do it then
Me:  DON’T EVEN GO THERE!

I finally get it packed up and back in line… the guy ahead of me in line was holding a stack of packages higher than his head.  The postal guy calls me up, and I said… no, let this guy go, he’s holding all these packages… the postal guy proceeds to argue with me about why I should come to the front of the line.  I send the guy w/packages to the counter, and he starts unloading his packages.  The postal guy said, NO… you come first (and makes the guy pick up all his packages again).  GRR.

So, he weighs the new package, it comes to $6-something, just like he predicted.  Then, as he’s swiping my card, I noticed the total had changed to $8-something.  I asked, why did the price change?  He said… (are you ready for this???)  That wasn’t a free box, I had to charge you for the box.

I said, ‘ARE YOU FREAKIN’ KIDDING ME???  ALL THAT, AND NOW YOU’RE CHARGING ME FOR THE BOX?

Yep.  He charged me for the box.

Texting to husband:

Me:  $8.18 for shipping
Him:  thought it would be cheap to mail, because it’s so light
Him:  Sorry for making so much trouble
Me:  DO NOT SEND ME TO THE POST OFFICE WITH A big BAG OF FINE WHITE POWDER FOR GOD’S SAKE
Him:  it’s not drugs
Me:  THEY DON’T KNOW THAT!
Him:  it’s not illegal
Me:  THEY DON’T KNOW THAT EITHER!
Me:  a million people in the post office… all think I’m looney toones for yelling at the post office guy.  Not good!
Me:  Luckily the freaking police drug dogs didn’t hunt me down
Me:  AND THEN, the stupid jerk charged me for a box!
Me:  I haven’t been this pissed off in a long time

(and that was before it even occurred to me that it could have been thought to be bio-terrorist type of white powder!  OH MY GOD!)  So pissed!!

« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 09:44:18 PM by thedeuceman »
Joe
75 GT150 "SeaDeuced"... Its Back !!
92 16CSS "Attitude Adjustment" is for sale
75 CV-16V8, Project
74 CV-16... its Purple !

Offline kert0307

Re: Shipping Brandon's cabosil
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 03:29:09 PM »
Haha, I've received stuff in the mail that was in a flat rate box assembled inside out so they didn't have to go by the flat rate or pay for the box...

Offline thedeuceman

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 03:49:37 PM »
ya, wishing i had taught of that before sending Laurie to the PO
Joe
75 CV-16V8, Project
74 CV-16... its Purple !

Offline 75starflight

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 06:03:23 PM »
Sorry for the head ache Joe! ;D I can't believe it was such a hassle to ship that!
1975 v-179 starflite

Offline thedeuceman

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 09:45:25 PM »
it happens, no biggie
Joe
75 CV-16V8, Project
74 CV-16... its Purple !

Offline V153

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 05:49:56 PM »
Slightly OT but way back when I worked for the Postal Service, before Anthrax etc. We couldn't wait to process a package containing white powder ...  Ahh yes, but those were simpler times. 
'81 C500_given away, bought back_75.1 mph
'81 Baja 15SS_140 Frankenrude_66.7 mph
'70 something SpeedCraft_(Allison 16R Clone)_69.0 mph
'79 CVZ19_given away
'71 V153_54.8 mph_wrecked

WALK TALL AND CARRY A BIG BILGE PUMP