Author Topic: Trailer dealer  (Read 5754 times)

Offline floater1

Trailer dealer
« on: September 26, 2013, 08:03:26 PM »
Anyone know the name of the boat trailer dealer, I think in Iowa, that sold new, or almost new for what seemed to be unbeatable prices?  I recall seeing it posted here maybe a year or so ago but can't find it after using the search function.

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
Re: Trailer dealer
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 08:08:38 PM »

Offline floater1

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 07:20:53 AM »
Missouri, no wonder I couldn't find it.  Thank you!

Offline dgmeyer

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 09:11:00 AM »
It's easier to call them by phone than use e-mail.  I don't think they check their inbox too often.   I have another boat that I have been looking for a trailer and have been trading information with him.   His inventory constantly changes.   He'll need the bow eye to transom measurement and the width of your boat chine to chine between the fenders.   And the weight of your boat.

This is the trailer I bought.  It fits my GT160 perfectly.  It was a couple of years old but never titled.

Offline WetRaider

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 09:28:58 AM »
I bought one from Bud this spring.
I had the same advice - to provide him with measurements ... then Bud told me he doesn't do that anymore.
The website is right, and the suggestion to call is also right - I think e-mail might be a once-a-month thing.
The trailer I purchased for my GT150 is awesome - I had to re-do the bunks and bow rest (it was too high for this low profile boat).
I paid $575 in the spring of 2013, trailer was a 2012, never titled, still brand new.  It came with swing-away tongue, retractable safety cables, and guide-ons (which I didn't think I'd keep - but they aren't in the way, so I'm leaving them where they are).
If you didn't get wet, you didn't have fun ~ WetRaider

Dan O'Connor
1979 GT 150 / 1976 Mercury 1150

Offline floater1

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 08:54:02 PM »
Thanks for the info!