Author Topic: Two Auctions with Glastron Advertising  (Read 5221 times)

Offline bellj

Two Auctions with Glastron Advertising
« on: October 11, 2013, 03:45:46 PM »
Friends of ours who purchased our local RV dealer a few years ago are moving from their current location and they've decided to have a couple of auctions. The business itself was started over 60 years ago and they sold a lot of Glastron's and Mercury Marine items during the eras that our group is most familiar with. Now I will caution you that I haven't seen a lot of specific Glastron, or even Mercury left over parts that are going to be on the auctions and I know most of you are fair distances away, but what they do have are some of the advertising signage - specifically the outdoor Glastron and Mercury signs and maybe a few indoor banners. There might even be some specialty tools to consider since they serviced these things for years.

We're unfortunately scheduled to be out of town during the auctions at this point (ironically over near Red Wing the one weekend), but I thought that I would let any possible collectors of this stuff know about this. The outdoor signs have been there for a long time and might have some of the usual weather battle scars - but that usually doesn't bother true collectors.

Here is the website with some pictures (lower right side at this point - it's the Craft's Trading LLC list) from the place handling the auctions: http://www.iggysauction.com/upcoming-auctions.html

:)
Jim, Patti, & Samantha
'69 Pipestone Princess O/B, '57 Evinrude Lark 35
'77 Glastron GT-150 O/B, '78 Merc 700, "The Puddle Jumper"
'77 Switzer GL-20 O/B, '77 Merc 1750
'86 Glastron CVX-20 O/B, '86 Merc 200, "The WHIZZard of Odds"

Offline bellj

Re: Two Auctions with Glastron Advertising
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 07:54:44 AM »
I have a small update to this. I was talking with one of the owners and mentioned this post. She said that they actually do have quite an extensive lot of Mercury parts in inventory. They are extremely busy and I was in a hurry too, so what I missed finding out was whether some or all of that inventory is going to be on one of or even both auctions. I'll try to get some clarification on that this coming week if possible.   :)
Jim, Patti, & Samantha
'69 Pipestone Princess O/B, '57 Evinrude Lark 35
'77 Glastron GT-150 O/B, '78 Merc 700, "The Puddle Jumper"
'77 Switzer GL-20 O/B, '77 Merc 1750
'86 Glastron CVX-20 O/B, '86 Merc 200, "The WHIZZard of Odds"