Author Topic: I got a Bid!  (Read 13385 times)

Offline kert0307

Re: I got a Bid!
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2013, 02:17:16 PM »
Do you need to take the distributer off for intakes on those? On my 302 I can swap intakes leaving all that alone. Either way, I have a timing light if you need it and a torque wrench.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • 1974 CV16SS, 1986 CV23
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2013, 02:48:58 PM »
Do you need to take the distributer off for intakes on those? On my 302 I can swap intakes leaving all that alone. Either way, I have a timing light if you need it and a torque wrench.

That's a nice thing Ford thought of but you can not do it on a Chevy as it goes through the intake. I also like having the distributor up front, easier to adjust timing.
Jason S.
1974 Glastron Carlson CV16SS 140 I/O
1986 Glastron Carlson CV23 260 I/O

Offline 75starflight

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2013, 02:54:38 PM »

That's a nice thing Ford thought of but you can not do it on a Chevy as it goes through the intake. I also like having the distributor up front, easier to adjust timing.

I will agree with you on that
1975 v-179 starflite

Offline wexrocks

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2013, 06:56:23 PM »
Come on, you know you want to switch out the intake manifold and go to a 4 barrel carb...  ;D

I'm not opposed to it, but I don't know how and don't have the timing light, etc to make it happen.

Plenty of people here who can talk/help you through it... once you're done you realize how easy it was and it's a good learning experience and knowledge/understanding to have in the future. Having it timed correctly in the end isn't a bad result either, not sure how it was set where it currently is, but it's nice to know you are at an optimum advance for performance and correct tune. But, all of that is only important if you want a four barrel!  ;D
'79 CVZ-19 "convertible" w/Evinrude 175
'81 Scimitar
'89 CSS-19