Author Topic: Rathbun 2014 Official Thread / Announcements / Reservations  (Read 27971 times)

Offline kert0307

Re: Rathbun 2014 Official Thread / Announcements / Reservations
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2014, 03:32:58 PM »
Just a heads up, we've got even more going on this weekend now... still hoping to make it down at some point though either early or Sat night/Sunday.

Shirt looks good so far Danny.

Offline MrDJ1978

• 1968 GT 160
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2014, 09:09:20 AM »
I am so excited for Rathbun it is looking like there will be a big group. Looking forward to hanging out with everyone

Offline Joe Pivonka

• Joe's Bicentennial Glastron GT-150
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2014, 02:52:21 PM »
As of now, I am planning on representing Illinois. The plan is to arrive Thursday and head out late Friday or Saturday morning. I hope my boat is done by then. If not, I think I will bring the Waverunner. That ought to keep up with any of the Glastrons!
1980 SSV-169
Yamaha XL1200 Waverunner
1960 Chevrolet Corvair 900 Monza
1997 Mercedes Benz SL320

Offline 84carlson

« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2014, 10:08:05 AM »
Going to tear into the carburetor problem on the motor today, after replacing all the bowls and cleaning the carb's a couple weeks ago the boat does not even run.  I have a strong suspicion I received the wrong jet's when I order all the new parts to rebuild them.  Of course I did major mistake and threw the old bowls away before pulling the old jets out.  If I can't figure it out we may not be attending this year.  I'll keep you posted. 

Joe

Offline WetRaider

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2014, 04:07:32 PM »
I might have sold the boat.  I made a half-effort to put it out there, had only one legitimate interested party - he talked about arranging for a Friday pick-up.  I'm thinking we'll use the money to pay a few mortgage payments on the house here and know that for the next few months we can pay for our living arrangements in KC without the doubled expense.  I expect after the 21st, we'll be mostly full-time KC residents until the house in Centerville is sold.

I'll be there, whether or not the boat sells - if not, I'll be in the boat.  Courtney is coming home from KC that weekend, Aidan will be with grandma … I *might* decide to go home and sleep under the same roof as my wife each night since we're apart during the week (I'm lucky enough that proximity allows) - I know she won't sleep well in the tent and I don't want to send her back to KC and her new job exhausted on my account.  If I decide to sleep at home, I may not go through the effort to set up and break down camp - we can use my site to park some trailered boats.

I'm ready for that weekend.  It's been a hard go on buttoning up projects for the house - having to get things picked up and put away for showings and then all brought out again.  We've had no offers on the house, and that's a bummer - agent said she'd expect a full-asking-price offer within the first 30 days.  It's been 35. 
If you didn't get wet, you didn't have fun ~ WetRaider

Dan O'Connor
1979 GT 150 / 1976 Mercury 1150

Offline iowa cv-23

« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2014, 08:47:18 AM »
Hey Dan good luck on both potential sales - if the boat sells you & the Mrs. are more then welcome to ride w/ us.

Offline WetRaider

« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2014, 10:38:35 AM »
Eric (or is it with a "K" ?)

I appreciate that.  We just may do that.

The guy looking at it happens to be in the Kansas City area.  Since I'm going there this weekend, anyway, I said I'd drag it down.  Expecting a non-refundable "fuel" deposit in my Paypal - if he changes his mind, I got the trip paid for.  If not, I go home with no boat but my next few mortgage payments in the bank.  We talked several times, I sent him pictures of "the worst of the worst."  Sort-of the opposite of salesmanship, but I said if I can make the bad look bad and he still wants it, then he'll be pleasantly surprised when he sees it in person.

If you didn't get wet, you didn't have fun ~ WetRaider

Dan O'Connor
1979 GT 150 / 1976 Mercury 1150

Offline 75starflight

« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2014, 05:11:10 PM »
Going to tear into the carburetor problem on the motor today, after replacing all the bowls and cleaning the carb's a couple weeks ago the boat does not even run.  I have a strong suspicion I received the wrong jet's when I order all the new parts to rebuild them.  Of course I did major mistake and threw the old bowls away before pulling the old jets out.  If I can't figure it out we may not be attending this year.  I'll keep you posted. 

Joe

Any luck getting the CVX going again Joe?
1975 v-179 starflite

Offline 84carlson

« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2014, 07:28:41 PM »

I'm positive I got the wrong jets, after looking at the pictures they were about 1/2 the size as my original ones.  Boy I feel stupid throwing the old bowls away, I just put the new ones in, they seemed to fit with no issue. I never thought about saving the old jets.

I ordered new jets on Sunday hoping to get them in by the end of the week.  Hopefully I'll know more this weekend.

Joe

Offline 75starflight

« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2014, 07:32:24 PM »

I'm positive I got the wrong jets, after looking at the pictures they were about 1/2 the size as my original ones.  Boy I feel stupid throwing the old bowls away, I just put the new ones in, they seemed to fit with no issue. I never thought about saving the old jets.

I ordered new jets on Sunday hoping to get them in by the end of the week.  Hopefully I'll know more this weekend.

Joe

Been there done that, you will have her purring by the end of the weekend. I'm sure of it!
1975 v-179 starflite

Offline Bayflite73

« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2014, 04:37:59 PM »
Ugh, I hate to say it, but just like last time I had the reservation made, shirt ordered, everything and then life rears its sometimes ugly head and bites you in the butt. I hate to say it but I'm going to have to miss the Rathbun meet AGAIN!

Sorry guys. Hopefully NEXT year will be more forgiving. Heck I haven't even been able to de-winterize yet and may not for at least another month!

Have a great time all and take lots of photos and video!
Josh Craig
'78 SSV-177
previously owned: '73 V-174 Bayflite

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2014, 04:48:24 PM »
Ugh, I hate to say it, but just like last time I had the reservation made, shirt ordered, everything and then life rears its sometimes ugly head and bites you in the butt. I hate to say it but I'm going to have to miss the Rathbun meet AGAIN!

Sorry guys. Hopefully NEXT year will be more forgiving. Heck I haven't even been able to de-winterize yet and may not for at least another month!

Have a great time all and take lots of photos and video!

Bummer Josh!!!
1990 Sierra 1700

Offline MrDJ1978

• 1968 GT 160
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2014, 07:13:32 PM »
That's to bad you won't be able to make it. We missed out last year but will make it this year. Maybe you'll be able to make it to Red Wing

Offline Bayflite73

« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2014, 07:59:58 PM »
Red Wing is a must this year! Life will be just as hectic but won't have the same sort if hard deadlines by then!
Josh Craig
'78 SSV-177
previously owned: '73 V-174 Bayflite