General Category > Iowa Events / Meets

Return to Rathbun Summer Kickoff Meal

(1/5) > >>

Burnin Daylight:
The Run on Rathbun Summer Kickoff is just three short weeks away.  I know I am getting excited about seeing everyone and actually getting in a few days of fun Classic Glastron boating.  (The drive is out of Burnin Daylight right now, uh oh).  So, time to start planning.  The Minnesota chapter has offered to sponsor a group breakfast, and Dan is planning an afternoon group meal.

I have offered to help Dan organize the Saturday group meal.  I believe he is securing the meat item (smoked brisket), and I will keep a list of sides.  I will be bringing the largest crockpot that I have filled with Baked Beans, and a large bag of dinner rolls from Sams.  Everyone is welcome to bring what they feel would compliment the meal.  Here are a few suggestions;

Cold salads
Plastic ware, paper plates, napkins
Desserts
Warm items to compliment meat.
Corn on the cob
Barbecue sauces and condiments
Etc.......

If or when you post your contribution, I will start a list and try to keep it as up to date as possible.

Thank you everyone for participating!

Barb

Mrs.TheDeuceMan:
We'll bring a veggie tray & coleslaw. :-)

WetRaider:
Thanks Barb, and yes - smoked brisket it is.  Just dropped off the rub for the meat and the Texas white oak for the smoker.
I also have the BBQ "Sause" that I neglected to bring last year (don't worry, fresh purchase … I left it at home last year and used it after the meet)

I am also trying to gather up a casual breakfast for Sunday … Just some scrambled eggs, sausage, tortillas … stuff like that.  I've packed my blender already - that would have made scrambling a bunch of eggs easy, we could just pour out as we needed and keep the eggs cooled.  I need to buy a "high side" electric skillet.  I'll probably do the crumbled breakfast sausage in my crock pot. 

75starflight:
Amber and I will be bringing a cake to celebrate a nebraska member's birthday.

iowa cv-23:
FKristi and I will be bringing a chip dip that if you're not careful turns into a meal on it's own.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version